|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A simple iPhone game about a little doodle figure that... jumps.
Described by the authors Lima Sky as "Insanely Addictive", and not given much description beyond that.
For a game character that doesn't really do anything beside jump and shoot the occasional pellet, Doodle the Doodler ("Doodle" hereby used as a name rather then description) really gets around. The game has been featured on Big Bang Theory, CBS Evening News, Pocket God and many other places.
Has examples of
- Bottomless Pit: The bottom of the screen is always one. You can also fall through the occasional "hole" in the background.
- Collision Damage: Averted if you Goomba Stomp the monsters.
- Crossover: With Pocket God, The Creeps and many others.
- Don't Look Back: The platforms stop existing as soon as they fall out of view. Thus, if you try to jump down to get a power-up you missed then there is nothing to land on - you will fall to your death.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The doodle jumps.
- Fake Platform: Jump on a broken platform and you simply fall through it.
- Follow the Leader: Browse the appstore for a while, looking for games. Take a shot for every game that takes a cue from Doodle Jump.
- Jet Pack: There's also a propeller beanie.
- No Plot, No Problem
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: If anything happens to you, you die. Period.
- Platform Game: It's all about little platforms rapidly passing by.
- Ratchet Scrolling: Upwards.
- Sound-Coded for Your Convenience: The player can hear the monsters' growls before they appear on the screen.