|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"YOU'RE BECOMING SIBLINGS WITH THE GIRL YOU HAD SEX WITH *AND* YOUR TEACHER?!"—-- The plot, in a nutshell. As eloquently described by Natsuo's best friend Fumiya.
Natsuo Fujii is a highschool student and prospect novelist who lives with his widowed father Akihiko and has one Hell of a crush on his English teacher, the beautiful Hina Tachibana. In an attempt to get over himself and his feelings for Hina, at some point he goes out with some friends and meets a cute but antisocial girl around his age, Rui. The two agree to give their virginities to each other, thinking it'll be a one-night stand and nothing else.
This turns out to be a big, BIG mistake.
Few later, Akihiko Fujii announces that he has finally found a love match and that he's remarrying. The lady he's hooking up with, Tokiko Tachibana, has two pretty daughters... and they turn out to be both Hina AND Rui. So Natsuo, who's dealing with his conflicted feelings after (in his view) "betraying" his love for Hina via sleeping with Rui, is now caught between both sisters as the two families move in together...
Domestic na Kanojo (Japanese: ドメスティックな彼女, Domesutikku na Kanojo, or Domestic Girlfriend) is a Japanese shonen manga series written and illustrated by Keiko Sasaki, under her pen name Kei Sasuga. It ran from 2014 to 2020 in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, and had 28 volumes. An Animated Adaptation ran in 2019.
- Hot Teacher: Hina is really, REALLY pretty.
- Miss Fanservice: Hina, holy crap.
- Parent with New Paramour: The plot REALLY begins moving when Natsuo's dad marries Hina and Rui's mom.
- Sex As a Rite of Passage - Their First Time: Why Natsuo and Rui decided to have sex despite knowing few more than each other's names. It's more or less deconstructed, as Reality Ensues and they realize it's not like they thought it'd be...
- Sibling Triangle: Hina, Rui and Natsuo.
- Teacher-Student Romance: It turns out Natsuo isn't the only one who's had his eyes on a teacher. Saki had feelings for Kiriya-sensei... and to say it didn't work, it'd be putting it lightly.
- Hina's boyfriend, Shuu Hagiwara, used to be her teacher.