|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Hi. I'm the Great Allie."
As if the internet needed another web reviewer, The (self-proclaimed) Great Allie stepped up to the plate with her talking plant friend, Nawrocki, usually joining her out of punishment. She mainly watches terrible cartoons and loves them, needing Nawrocki to set her straight on what quality is and isn't. She's less of a critic and more of a commenter, although Nawrocki can be quite harsh.
Provides examples of
- Aerith and Bob: Allie and Nawrocki
- Award Bait Song: The subject of Episode 5, "Award Bait, Mate!"
- Awesome McCoolname: The Great Allie
- Call Back: "And then Harvey Atkin tries to sing again."
- Discussed Trope: Allie often refers her viewers to TV Tropes, although Nawrocki warns against it.
- Face Palm: Allie in Episode 3, after seeing which lines they left in from the comic.
- Flat What: When Nawrocki is not amused.
- Gratuitous Japanese: "Doki Doki" doesn't really mean anything in context. T.G. Allie just liked the sound of it.
- Large Ham: In "The Eternal Quest, Part 1", Allie points it out.
- Late to The Punchline: Ten minutes late in episode 4.
"It was a Yu-Gi-Oh! 4Kids dub joke... please don't look at me like that."
- Male Gaze: When Allie refers to "Cree Summers and the twins", Nawrocki doesn't realize right away that she's talking about the characters John and Dawn.
- Made Myself Sad: In "The Eternal Quest, Part II," when finding out that her prince will marry another, the Little Mermaid breaks a mirror. Nawrocki quips that it'll be seven years bad luck, to which Allie replies, "Don't worry, she won't live that long. Oh... I made myself sad."
- Mundane Fantastic: Nawrocki is a talking carniverous plant. That doesn't seem to faze Allie, although he does allude to the fact that it may have fazed her at one point.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Great Allie isn't actually her real name.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Nawrocki sometimes asks you to watch while he plays unfitting music.
- Talking to Himself: Allie speaks her lines onscreen and then dubs over Nawrocki's voice.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Allie's eternal quest to find an accurate film adaptation of The Little Mermaid. Complete with "Requiem for a Tower" music.