The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A (usually female) character has a negative attitude about the male gender.
- Played Straight: Alice has a tough time befriending men and letting them get close to her. She may also view them as The Unfair Sex to some extent.
- Exaggerated: Alice outright hates men, and believes the world would be better off without them. She may even move into (or start) a Lady Land with like-minded women to facilitate this, or conspire into an outright Gendercide.
- Downplayed: Alice doesn't really interact with men, but doesn't actively hate them either.
- Subverted: Alice seems to get along alright with the male characters.
- Double Subverted: But when they show any interest in her, she quickly pushes them away.
- Deconstructed: Alice could be missing out on some great relationships (romantic or otherwise), and the male perspective on things.
- Reconstructed: Alice learns that not all men suck, and gets to know at least one that she can have a positive relationship with.
- Parodied: Alice freaks out and shoots Bob when all he said to her is, "Hi."
- Zig Zagged:
- Alice's attitude towards men varies between hating them, a mild dislike, and really liking them.
- Alice dislikes some men, but not others.
- Alice is indifferent to the male gender.
- Alice likes interacting with men as much as (or more than) other women.
- No male characters exist, for no apparent reason.
- Lampshaded: "It's not that I hate men. It's just that I haven't met any decent one yet."
- Invoked: Bob does things (deliberately or unintentionally) to offend or upset or annoy Alice.
- Defied: Alice really likes Bob and everything he does.
- Played For Laughs:
- Played For Drama: Almost always is.
Back to Does Not Like Men
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.