The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: Old Friends finally introduces the Corsair.
- Ascended Fanon: The Good Companion seems to confirm the fan theory that the Bad Wolf is the Moment.
- Broken Base:
- The huge amount of companions in Year Two of The Eleventh Doctor. Some say this makes it interesting, other say it makes it hard to follow. Not helping is how serialized that storyline is compared to the other Year Two titles.
- Year Two of The Twelfth Doctor. The original plan was to feature Clara all the way through but when she left, several Canon Foreigners filled in her role. While some like that Twelve got to expand his universe, others feel that the series as a whole suffered from some inconsistency.
- The Thirteenth Doctor comics. Much like Series 11 in the show, the Truer to the Text approach, half sci-fi/half educational, has been met with a mixed reception. A further point of contention, which really didn't help things, was the Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctor ongoings being cancelled to make room for this one.
- Catharsis Factor: Mickey finally tells off the Ninth Doctor in The Transformed.
- Crazy Awesome: The Third Doctor miniseries.
- First Installment Wins: Played with. Of the first three ongoings, Twelfth Doctor: Year One was considered the best. When Growing the Beard and/or Seasonal Rot set in, then The Tenth Doctor series, the first one released, was considered the best. And when The Thirteenth Doctor was released, then all three prior series were considered superior.
- Growing the Beard: It's debatable whether or not The Twelfth Doctor series did this in Year Two, see Broken Base above, but The Tenth Doctor definitely did, especially when Cindy joined the TARDIS.
- Like You Would Really Do It:
- As the stories can't contradict the TV episodes, and most of the characters' later appearances means that they're Saved by Canon, the high stakes and near-death Cliffhangers can sometimes feel a bit forced. It's especially bad in the first Ninth Doctor miniseries as it's entirely set between "The Doctor Dances" and "Boom Town."
- Gabby and the Tenth Doctor not reuniting at the end of The Good Companion. Which is why it came as a huge surprise that they didn't.
- Narm Charm: The Third Doctor miniseries is meant to be as hammy as possible.
- Seasonal Rot:
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The Eleventh Doctor is the longest lived incarnation (clocking in at 1200 years) yet all his stories take place within the gap from Series 5 to 6 (while Amy and Rory are on their honeymoon) and never choose to touch on his massive lifespan or his 200 year long Last Dance. Overlaps with They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character as neither the Ponds nor Clara appear in the series.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.