The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes used in Four Doctors include:
- Affectionate Nickname: Twelve begins using his televised "My Clara" in the comic.
- Anachronism Stew: 5:02pm on April 22nd 2011. As the Twelfth Doctor points out, this is hardly a bad thing. With everything that ever was or ever will be in one convenient location, there's bound to be some useful equipment. Like say, technology that can summon a TARDIS.
- Become Their Own Antithesis:
- Upon seeing Twelve for the first time, Ten, who only has one regeneration left, calls him an "abomination." Twelve comments on how much the Daleks love that word.
- The Twelfth Doctor all but quotes this to the Big Bad, the alternate Twelfth Doctor.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The War Doctor essentially ages the Daleks that wanted to invade Marinus to dust.
- Brutal Honesty: The War Doctor tells the Voord leader that he can't promise that the High Council will be reasonable once the Time War ends but that he will try to be an intermediary between the two races.
- Buffy-Speak: Clara says that the Continuity Bomb looks a bit "Dalek-y." To be fair, its top very clearly marks it as a Dalek technology.
- Call Back:
- Twelve tries to grasp his lapels (ala the First Doctor) to assert his authority.
- The Tenth Doctor wonders if the Twelfth is the Valeyard.
- The Reapers return.
- As he was, or will be from his perspective, Eleven is suspicious of Clara when they properly meet face to face.
- Clara mentions that the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors will meet and that she'll be there for it, referring "The Day of the Doctor."
- Ten has recently run across Jackson Lake and initially wonders if Eleven is another imposter. Eleven referencing "The Next Doctor" is what convinces Ten of his identity.
- Call Forward: All the Bad Futures are from episodes that the Doctors have yet to experience.
- For the Tenth, it's a version of The End of Time where he left Wilf die and became the Time Lord Victorious.
- For the Eleventh, it's a version of The Wedding of River Song where Eleven chose to live in the Anachronism Stew world that River created.
- Twelve's divergence point is not 100% clear but it's implied to be a version of Dark Water where Twelve didn't forgive Clara.
- The Cameo: Rose Tyler and the Ninth Doctor appear in the final issue at the Parisian café.
- Chekhov's Gun: Eleven's comics.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Twelve seems rather insistent on correcting Ten's praising of Clara and is later quite sour that she ends up with the more youthful looking Eleventh Doctor.
- Dark Is Not Evil: The Twelfth Doctor though Ten and Eleven initially view him as Dark Is Evil.
- Twelve says that he likes Gabby and should have retained her. In The Good Companion, Gabby's final story, she's deposited in Twelve's TARDIS.
- At the end, Twelve tells Clara that he'd never mind wipe her.
- Future Me Scares Me:
- The Tenth Doctor only has one regeneration left and is freaked out by the Twelfth Doctor. By contrast, the Eleventh Doctor is relieved to know that he's not the last Doctor and that there's hope for the future.
- The Big Bad is an alternate Twelfth Doctor.
- Go Mad From the Isolation: The alternate Twelfth Doctor.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Every alternate Doctor.
- Headbutting Heroes: The Tenth and Twelfth Doctors.
- Hypocrite: Twelve claims that Ten has no right to criticize Eleven's console room given the fact that he just kept the Ninth Doctor's desktop. Twelve may have redecorated slightly but he still kept Eleven's last desktop.
- It's All My Fault: Upon seeing the alternate Twelfth Doctor, even before the Voord come into the story, Clara is horrified to think that she betrayed the Doctor. Twelve refuses to let her blame herself
- In Spite of a Nail: Despite everything the Voord did, they couldn't find a single timeline where the Ninth Doctor "was anything less than fantastic."
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: The alternate Twelfth Doctor says that his engineered timeline can survive without Gabby and Alice.
- Loners Are Freaks: The Big Bad, an alternate Twelfth Doctor who stopped taking on companions.
- Manchild: All the Doctors as per the norm but when Twelve and Clara are in the jungle in issue 1, the former throws a loud tantrum at how boring the wilderness is.
- Noodle Incident: Before the adventure starts, Gabby and Ten thwarted a group of Cybermen trying to raid the French gold reserves and Alice and Eleven thwarted radiation-based creatures coming out the Seine.
- Only Sane Man: Somehow, the Eleventh Doctor.
- Other Me Annoys Me: It's a Multi-Doctor Event. There's going to be bickering and bantering.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: The alternate Twelfth Doctor believes that the Time Lords are hiding from him. The Time Lords are hiding, at the end of the universe, but not from him.
- Running Gag: Oh you've redecorated. I don't like it.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: The Voord panicked when they heard the Time Lords' signal, fearing that they'd force the Voord to revert to their weaker state. At the end, the Voords' timeline is reversed and they're sent back to what they were.
- Sequel Episode: To "The Keys of Marinus."
- Ship Tease: When they're alone, Eleven is initially suspicious of Clara but soon decides that he likes her very much. The alternate Twelve still refers to her as "my Clara."
- After Clara accurately describes a fixed point in time, the Tenth Doctor utters "One point to the girl from Gryffindor." Twelve says she's a Slytherin. But he means it as a compliment.
- In issue 5, Gabby references Admiral Ackbar.
- Eleven reads Le Petit Vingtième, the youth newspaper in which Tintin was first published.
- Took a Level In Badass: The Voord, unlike most races, benefited from the Time War.
- Unperson: In-Universe, the Voord leaving reality caused everyone to forget about them.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Neither the Tenth or Eleventh Doctors react in any way to the Twelfth Doctor, both of them , saying that Gallifrey and the Time Lords are still out there.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: All three companions looks distinctly unimpressed that Eleven's idea of a Bad Future is an ordinary life.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.