The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- That moment when you get to introduce your young family member to their favorite Disney character live, in person. The look on their face when they get to meet Mickey Mouse is just amazing.
- Wishes fireworks. Gets me EVERY TIME.
- Extend this to ALL fireworks shows and nighttime spectaculars.
- How about this story? After the September 11th attacks, all of the Walt Disney World theme parks and activities were closed for the day. However, when it seemed that nothing would go on, they surprisingly ran the Electrical Water Pageant that night, with one small change...they kept the American flag floats lit during the entire tip around the lake.
- On a slightly similar note, when the parks closed that day the character actors were given the choice to go home and be with their families. Many went home but some elected to stay. They were shuttled to the nearby Disney resorts and proceeded to do meet-and-greet sets for upwards of ten hours for the guests who suddenly had nowhere to go. The parents were numb with shock and the children didn't understand what was going on, but in the midst of their own fear the characters were there to offer hugs and a reminder that the world wasn't completely dark.
- It's a Genius Bonus / All There in the Manual one, but when Mission: SPACE opened, it featured several plaques in the outside queue area with quotes on them from famous people related to space travel, one of them being from Christa McAuliffe, the woman who was supposed to have become the first teacher in space, but who died in the Challenger disaster. The woman who was the runner-up, Barbara Morgan, overcame her friend's loss, entered regular astronaut training, and flew on the shuttle after all, twenty years later. Morgan was invited to dedicate a plaque of her own on that wall at Mission: SPACE... and it's right next to McAuliffe's.
- In the queue for Soarin' Over California, there are images and artifacts from every era of aerospace, including a photo of the Space Shuttle Columbia, dedicated to the memory of the crew.
- The Partners Statue, Showing Walt And Mickey holding hands, warmed this troper's heart up, and was his favorite part of Disney world
- It's called The Happiest Place on Earth for a reason. Try not to be in a good mood from the instant you walk in; there's something intangible about the parks that make you warm and happy the second you're in. And kids doubly so.
- The return of Captain EO to Epcot after Michael Jackson's untimely death. What was initially meant to be a temporary change became so popular that it's now made what looks like a permenant return.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.