The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Adaptation Displacement: Panchito's horse, Señor Martinez actually comes from old American newspaper strips written in the 40s which, while popular in some countries, were never reprinted in English until after the publication of The Three Caballeros Ride Again
- Anvilicious: Some of the stories (especially War of the Wendigo) move into this territory.
- Canon Sue: Gladstone
- Complete Monster: P.J. McBrine may be the only character to have tried to murder the ducks right after succesfully begging them to save his life (in "The Great Wig Mystery").
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Several
- Epileptic Trees: How Ludwig von Drake is related to Donald is quite a mystery. He is apparently Donald's uncle, but this would make him either Scrooge's brother or Grandma's son, neither of which seems likely since he is Austrian. Don Rosa has offered the possible explanation that he is married to Scrooge's sister, Matilda.
- Some German comics have Daisy calling him "Uncle".
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: Keep 9/11 in mind when you see this. I mean, come on! He called it the "Twin Office Towers," for Pete's sake!
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff:
- Rockerduck seems to appear more frequently in Italian comics than Glomgold ever did in American ones.
- The Beagle Boys' grandfather appears much more frequently in Italian stories, but that version of the character appears to be solely based on the "Grandpa Beagle" from "The Money Well" and not on Blackheart Beagle from "The Fantastic River Race." Some of the versions make him more kind.
- Memetic Mutation
- Within this wiki: Scrooge has hatesex.
- It's popular on 4chan to photoshop a certain image of Donald to scenes of carnage and destruction.
- The Scrappy: Gladstone Gander in the comics. Bubba the Cave Duck & Tootsie the Triceratops in DuckTales.
- The Woobie: Ms. Emily Quackfast. One thing that does mostly remain consistent is her really low salary. Also Webby on DuckTales.
- There is some variation to this; at times she is presented as so competent and invaluable to the McDuck industries that even Scrooge couldn't run things long without her, and as a result she gets a raise every time she brings up her oncoming vacation time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.