Characters from the animated series Disenchantment, created by Matt Groening for streaming on Netflix.
The Main Trio
The main protagonist of the series. Bean is the 19-year-old daughter of King Zøg and the late Queen Dagmar, who's tired of following her social expectations as a princess, and wants to choose a different path in life.
- Action Girl: Even while drunk she can handle herself in a fight, be it with fists or swords.
- Adorkable: She comes off at times as just being an awkward, insecure young adult, not unlike Fry.
- The Alcoholic: She's a heavy drinker and is constantly seen guzzling down beer. She drinks to cope with her daddy issues.
Bean's best friend, an 18-year-old elf from the land of Elfwood. He's cheerful and optimistic, but has grown very bored of his hometown, and wants to explore the outside world.
Bean's other companion, her very own personal demon. Luci was sent to Bean as a "gift" (curse) from an unknown entity, and tries to bring evil and chaos into her life.
- Affably Evil: He is a demon who actively seeks to spread evil and mischief. That said, he is more of a Laughably Evil Comedic Sociopath with a very laid-back demeanor, and he's rather friendly with Bean and Elfo. Heck, Luci usually doesn't really try that hard to do something bad unless he finds it to be amusing.
- Anti-Villain: Despite being a devious demon and proud of it, Luci has shown to be capable of feeling love and empathy, and will selflessly protect his friends when they're in danger.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: He genuinely does care for Bean. He's also actually legitimately upset when Elfo dies.
Dreamland Royal Family
The reigning monarch of Dreamland, and the father of Bean and Derek. He rules his kingdom with an iron fist, and prefers to dole out harsh punishments against criminals. He is also constantly at odds with his daughter Bean.
- Abusive Parents:
- While Zog never lays a hand on Bean, the way he treats her could be considered a form of emotional abuse. He rarely ever considers her feelings, and it takes a long time before he even calls off the Arranged Marriage he's trying to force her into.
- Once when Zog was dozing off in the chapel, Oona lightly hits him awake. Zog reacts by giving Derek a slap for no reason.
- Adipose Rex: King Zog is an overweight monarch.
- Anti-Villain: While Zog is a terrible king responsible for countless unnecessary deaths of his own subjects, he's clearly very miserable with his overall life. The reason why he wants to obtain the Elixir of Life is not out of a desire to become immortal like everyone thought, but because he just really wants to resurrect his dearly missed wife Dagmar back from death so badly.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: It is shown that Zog really does care for Bean.
- Bad Boss: Zog treats most of his royal court employees like shit, and is hardly any better with his kingdom's subjects. He even makes a habit out of dropping the Jester through a trapdoor to the ocean. Once when Zog became violently ill and went on a trip to a spa, everyone else in the castle was relieved by his temporary absence.
- Berserk Button: