|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Discipline: The Record Of a Crusade is an H-game produced by the people behind Bible Black, and was later adapted into a 6-part Hentai OVA called Discipline: The Hentai Academy. Along with Bible Black, the two are among the most famous H-game and anime that actually have a plot instead of all sex.
A prequel OVA that follows the anime was later produced called Discipline Zero.
- Abandoned Arc: The baseball game and Saori's election subplot from the latter half of the game is not adapted into the anime, though the latter does get a little nod.
- Abusively Sexy Woman: Almost every single female in the cast at one point or another.
- Adults Are Useless: Matsuno is one of the Morimoto's servant and pretty much lacking any backbone. Ogiwara doesn't fare well either.
- Affectionate Parody: Ogiwara, a parody of Great Teacher Onizuka's titular character.
- Bag of Kidnapping: In the anime's third episode, three men led by the school principal stuff Leona into a sack and then carry her off to a secluded area to rape her.
- Bi The Way : Maiko doesn't really mind if you're male or female, she just really enjoys sex.
- Blondes Are Evil : Leona and her sister Reina. The American Exchange Student Linda Hamilton is also this to a degree. Averted with Nanase.
- Butt Monkey: In the game, Machida, the one faculty member who rebels against Leona Morimoto's power over the school has all sorts of bad stuff happen to him every time he tries to do anything about it.He eventually almost dies when he snaps and tries to kill her with a shotgun to the chest at point blank following her blackmail scheme, but she had bullet proof fibers sewn into her school outfit, so she pulls out her own gun and shoots him non-fatally and has him spent the rest of his life in prison so he can regret what he did to her.
- The Cameo: In the anime, many of the characters from the game not adapted in the first three episodes briefly cameo in the second three episodes.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Taken to the extreme for the students that cheat on the exam with them being subjected to torture and human trafficking.
- Dominatrix: Many of the women have the attitude, and Leona Morimoto even wears the outfit at one point. In the anime, all girls who joined Leona's Social Club wear this.
- Evil Counterpart : Saori to Leona
- Yuki to Karen
- Ruri to Momone
- Maiko to Yuri
- And Takuro to Kaoru
- Futanari: Kaoru Ito, who earlier in the game is shown to be an effeminate male who is later turned into a transsexual by Leona. Also, in the anime version, we never see his transition from male to transsexual, though he does show up in the prequel while still male.
- Hospital Hottie - The school nurse Miss Kawahara. Momone is also this when she disguises herself as one.
- ItIsPronouncedTroPAY: The Foreign Language Dubs pronounce Leona's name with western pronounciation "Lee-OH-n-uh" instead of the Japanese's "L-E-Oh-Nah".
- Lighter and Softer: The anime tones down a lot of Leona's malicious behaviors and disgusting actions toward Saori and Takuro. This also has an effect for the ending in which the anime only has her power reduced, while in the game she's gang-raped and blackmailed..
- Meaningful Name: The Morimoto Sisters both have names related to powerful being in foreign languages; Reina is a spanish for queen and fits her position as the headmistress of the school, while Leona means lion, a powerful and beautiful creature that hides its malicious nature.
- Mythology Gag : Although the anime has an ending that is totally different from five endings in the game, there're some connections:
- Saori, Momoe and Nanase's downfall is referenced in the final episode which the three of them are forced to have sex with Leona's servants/guards.
- Saori's falled election is referenced episode 4 in as past election which she wets herself on the stage.
- Leona getting gangraped is inserted in episode 3.
- The Remedial Class of Hell Ending is used as Madoka's motive for overthrowing the Morimoto.
- Post Script Season - Odd variation. The anime runs through a condensed, somewhat altered version of the main game plot in the first three episode, and the last three are an original scenario that uses parts of the game not adapted in the first three.
- Named After Someone Famous: Linda Hamilton is obviously named after the famous actress of the same name.
- School for Scheming: In the game, to a considerable degree. In the anime, this is taken Up to Eleven.
- Stripperiffic: Leona Team's baseball outfits can only be described with as a lingerie connected to their school skirt. Takuro lampshaded this along with the numerous Gainaxing during the match.
- The Heavy: Leona isn't the Big Bad in the anime, but she is the main enemy of the protagonists. Her sister Reina fits better, but her actual villainous behavior in any proactive role is very little, while Leona does the heavy lifting.
- Token Good Teammate: Linda Hamilton, the American exchange student who joins Leona's baseball team, never engages in any nasty actions against Takuro and his friends and is quite civil toward them.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In the anime, Madoka actually calls out Takuro for being such as submissive guy which resulted in him getting screwed by Leona and her goons.
- White Hair Black Heart : Karen Himeki.
- World of Buxoms: All of female characters have sizes that range from "small but still sizable" (Ruri), "medium to large" (majority) and "really huge" (Karen, Matsuno, Reina etc.).