The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character's father is missing or absent
- Straight: Bob's father is absent from his life.
- Exaggerated: ???
- Downplayed: Bob's father is around but emotionally distant, and/or always too busy to be a part of his life.
- Justified: Daddy Had a Good Reason For Abandoning You.
- Inverted: Bob's father wants to be emotionally close to his son, but Bob doesn't let him, perhaps because he's always hanging out with friends or always studying.
- Subverted: It initially seems like Bob's dad is never about, but then we see him and his father having a good time together, and showing that they are apparently quite close.
- Double Subverted: Until the villains kill the dad.
- Parodied: ???
- Deconstructed: ???
- Reconstructed: ???
- Zig Zagged: Perhaps because his work is seasonal, sometimes Bob's dad is at home and always there for him, and other times his dad is absent for long streches and completely out of touch with Bob.
- Averted: Bob's dad is always there for him, regardless of what happens.
- Enforced: One of the writers' father died before he was born, and he decides to apply this aspect of his life to a character.
- Implied: Despite him being a kid, Bob's dad is never brought up in any way, shape or form, leading the audience to belive that this was the case.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The villain tries to use Bob's father's absence to induce a breakdown in Bob.
- Defied: Bob's dad goes to great lengths to be a part of his son's life regardless of what the world throws at him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Dad, if you get this, come find me at Disappeared Dad. I miss you.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.