The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Winning his first WCW World Heavyweight championship in April 1999.
- Reversing the Jackhammer into the Diamond Cutter.
- Fridge Logic: Why was DDP stalking Sara-Taker when he had Kimberly?
- He wanted to piss Undertaker off so that he'd "Make me famous!"
- Memetic Mutation: When evaluating Van Hammer once upon a car trip, Page once (honestly) said "he's got the look, the rap, the size; I SMELL MONEY!" The problem being that Van Hammer was awful. The other wrestlers knew it, the fans knew it, and reasonably soon, Van Hammer's career was mired in obscurity. However, news of this appraisal filtered back to Scott Hall and Kevin Nash who began using the line regularly on WCW's on line after-show called "WCW Live" with Mark Madden. To this day, Madden and Nash still use the line on a regular basis, and some smarks use the line when evaluating some new on-air wrestling talent who they think to be overrated and assume will be out of a job in short order.
- Older Than They Think: A cutter that can come out of nowhere, be used at pretty any time, and will instantly end a fight? Randy Orton might be the one younger wrestling fans think of, but DDP was the first to do so in North America.
- And the RKO/Diamond Cutter was originally called the "Ace Crusher" as it was developed in Japan by the wrestler Johnny Ace, known to current WWE fans all over the world as Mr. John Laurinaitis, Former Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and General Manager of Both Raw And Smackdown.
- Tear Jerker: His tribute to his friend and fellow wrestler Chris Kanyon, who committed suicide in 2010 due to pressure from being gay and bipolar. Page reminisces on their relationship and by the end of the video is visibly choking up as he says his last goodbyes to Kanyon and tells him, "God bless ya, because I'm sure that wherever you are, man, that you're happier than when you were here."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.