|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Devvo is a British Internet series by Saladfingers creator David Firth which has also been shown on television. Shot in Mockumentary/ADayInTheLife style, Devvo follows its titular character (real name: "Darren Devonshire"), an unemployed chav from Hull, as he buys alcohol, breaks into a car, tries to sell a bus ticket, and generally gets into trouble.
This show provides examples of:
- Berserk Button - ducks, vehicles - just about anything.
- Candid Camera Prank - "Devvo at the Leeds Festival" is of this type.
- Cluster F-Bomb - Devvo speaks this way most of the time.
- Emo Teen - He wants to use a found eyeliner to infiltrate an emo moshpit and do some "moshie bashing".
- Every Car Is a Pinto - subverted: When he tries to set a car on fire and complains, "What's the point of making them flameproof, anyway?"
- Honest John - Devvo tries to sell a bus ticket he finds and threatens passers-by who refuse to buy it.
- Mushroom Samba - We see him under the influence of "gas" (solvents), swearing incoherently at buses.
- Oop North - The series takes place in Hull and Doncaster, although it could be anywhere in the UK.
- Theme Tune Rap - overlaps with Image Song.