The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Keep in mind:
- Sign your entries
- One moment to a troper, if multiple entries are signed to the same troper the more recent one will be cut.
- Moments only, no "just everything he said" entries.
- No contesting entries. This is subjective, the entry is their opinion.
- No natter. As above, anything contesting an entry will be cut, and anything that's just contributing more can be made its own entry.
- No ASSCAPS, no bold, and no italics unless it's the title of a work. We are not yelling the DMoSs out loud.
- Explain why it's a Dethroning Moment of Suck.
- Dragon Quest Z: The Madworld video dug a hole of unnecessary, and worse unfunny, dickishness about Nintendo that he hasn't gotten out of, and is now just using Wii hate as filler now instead of honest, yet snarky, criticism.
- Ansem Paul: He claims to have played Monster Hunter Tri for 10 hours, saying that the tutorial was 10 hours long. His comments quickly review that the tutorial is FORTY FIVE MINUTES LONG, and an hour and a half if you're very slow. If he had played it properly and hated it, he could have probably made a funnier review where he actually bashes the game for what it does wrong.
- Larfleeze: While his vocal hatred of all things American has always been pathetic and unnecessary his Splinter Cell Conviction review just took it to a whole new stupid level. Not only does he insult the country and the people who live there, but asks why anyone would want to take over America. Why? It's only one of the most powerful countries in the world, and is the basis of global economy! No one would ever want to control that!
- Clockwork Ninja: Yahtzee's review of Valkyria Chronicles had shown several points that were just plain false such as him complaining that the weapons path don't branch out and that no major characters die.
- Plasma: His Super Smash Bros Brawl review. There's a lot more off points in it, but most particularly is the point where he called the game a button-masher. Even aside from that most of the moves in the game have a unique mechanic and - compared to other fighting games - normally have a slow animation time, the fact that the game only uses two buttons for fighting with and no combos should tell you that he's completely off the ball on this review. Especially bad when he says anyone who complained about his review is a Nintendo fanboy afterwards!
- Quarma: He claims that it's impossible to defeat anyone better than you, but also claims that you will lose to any spaz who button mashes. What happens if you buttonmash like a spaz when you fight someone better than you?
- Godhumanmonster: While Plasma touched upon it above, I really feel the need to point out the narcissism of the Mailbag Showdown, which existed solely to insult anyone who took offense at the Brawl review. Ironically, considering the video wasn't about games or game-related issues but the negative responses to his opinion, the whole segment made Yahtzee come across as petty and insecure as the people he was insulting.
- Average John: The Super Mario Galaxy 2 review. The worse part is that he basically avoids talking about the game, basically refusing to go over any aspects of it whatsoever.
- Pumbelo: The reason that review is a DMOS for me isn't because he attacks Mario fans for wanting a new Mario Game, but because he declares every Mario fan in the world to be pathetic, socially awkward losers who never get laid because they like Mario games even if they don't evolve.
- Swmystery: His Final Fantasy XIII review. About halfway through he abandons talking about the game completely in order to filibuster about what the Final Fantasy series has become and devotes no time at all to any of the game's more redeeming features, thus making him sorely guilty of bias.
- Main Main J: For me the worst part was that he had to know there was no way he was going to play that game to completion, yet he handed in a half-assed review of the game ANYWAY, just to piss off the fanboys.
- Robbie: His review of (the Wii version of) The Force Unleashed, yet another rant about the Wii and its graphical inferiority to the PlayStation 3 and 360. When he announced he bought the Wii version, and went on to do his usual anti-Nintendo screed, I felt cheated and disappointed, more so than being offended as a life long Nintendo fan.
- Paul Douglas: For this Troper, the more specific DMOS was the sequence where he described seeing the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 version of the game and went on to baldly imply that it was immeasurably superior in every way - not just in graphics, but he makes this assertion seemingly without actually playing the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 version at all.
- HT_Black: The Split/Second review itself wasn't particularly bad...but that one line about eating a poor woman's fetus made this troper's stomach turn. It was, to put it simply, unbelievably frikkin' disgusting; hell, it would've made the Angry Video Game Nerd feel a bit ill.
- Mokyn: When he announced the winners for a contest he'd held, to see if anyone could make a Zero Punctation type game. He pretty much just insults everyone who entered, saying that even the winners made crap. His tone isn't even a sort of "Oh, but you know I'm kidding," type of tone. He just insults his fans and doesn't care.
- P 2 the Snake: I'm gonna go with his E3 2010 video - the dethroning moment is how he considers the new Donkey Kong Country and a new Kid Icarus as rehashed games doomed from the start. Hasn't it been about two decades since the last Kid Icarus?
- Space Swine: His Sonic Unleashed Review, combining the worst traits of both the Sonic Fandoms' nigh-omnimalicious arrogance and His usual style of more spiteful than funny, Ben had somehow found a way to cross the line THRICE.
- Sick Brit Kid: For this troper, it was the beginning of his Black Ops review. After bitching about how "worthless" America was in his Splinter Cell: Conviction review, Yahtzee then used the first few minutes of his Call of Duty: Black Ops review to compare America to Twitards because of all of the jingoistic war games based on a hypothetical America-being-invaded-by-Russia scenario.
- Tropers/SG_Man_Forever: Seconded, but in a different way. There's also the detail he apparently forgot: America is at war with Afghanistan, and the majority of the population considers this to be a very bad thing, and wants the war to end as soon as humanly possible. War hungry, my ass.
- Darkurai: The beginning of Yahtzee's iPod Games review really did it for me. He said that he was going to review Sonic Colors originally, and that it looked promising for starting off with gameplay and not story, but he stopped playing when it turned out to have story. Sonic Colors has the least story out of any Sonic game in years.
- Sergeant Luke: Not to mention he's explicitly stated, several times, that he prefers games with stories.
- the Librarian: His rant against Star Wars fans in the beginning of his review for The Force Unleashed II. While it's true that the franchise is apparently being milked for all it's worth, him saying that SW fans fail at life and won't admit that a lot of stuff in the franchise is crap is completely uncalled for. Just because Yahtzee thinks that It's Popular, Now It Sucks doesn't mean that he can insult the fanbase. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
- Tidalwave 11: It really seems like Yahtzee was trying to force himself to hate Dead Space 2 during its review, considering how he disliked the original, to the point of it being painful to watch. He never makes a single conclusion to what he thinks of the game. Not a single one.
- Ri L: The entirety of his blisteringly misogynistic Sims 3 review, chiefly the part where he actually unironically uses that tired old chestnut of how girl gamers only play The Sims.
- Raxis: Yahtzee's Minecraft review was actually very good and managed to be funny without insulting the hell out of the game for once, except for the first part, where he chose to take yet ANOTHER dig at America for no particular reason. There wasn't even anything in the context of the game to bring it up!
- Mosquito Man: Again in the very next review for A Shadow's Tale, where he opened up mocking all the different regions that get games, but specifically calling America out for the title difference, which in itself wasn't that bad, but when all the previous xenophobia is added, it really starts making him look like a jerk.
- Vin LAU Ri A: His review on Kid Icarus Uprising. The game does a lot of things that he has claimed in the past that games should do, but he ignores those here and spends the entire review bashing a control scheme that's completely customizable. He makes it clear he's doing it because it's a Nintendo game because he opens the review trying to justify himself for that and in the follow-up Extra Punctuation column, he merely insults people for calling him out on it - even going so far as to call them "butthurt" while not talking about the actual game at all. What's really aggravating is that this was a game designed to need the 3D, but he plays the entire game with 3D off and then complains that it looks too cluttered while simultaneously dismissing the 3D as a useless gimmick like he usually does.
- ↑ In the sense that it's getting old and tired
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.