The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Detective Grimoire is a game about the titular detective, solving the mystery of a murdered janitor at a circus.
There's a sequel on the I Phone, about a murder at a swamp.
- Asshole Victim: Aside from Mandy, Hugh Everton was not well-liked amongst his former employers.
- Evil Old Folks: It turns out that the killer was in fact Pete. He hated having to fix the Funhouse since Hugh was too lazy to do it.
- Expy: The main character looks like Gumshoe, the developers even note that they explicitly based Grimoire after him.
- Foreshadowing: According to Jerry, he witnessed Pete entering the toilet cubicle at the night of the murder. If you investigate, you find that there's a drawing there featuring Hugh getting struck by lightning.
- Monster Clown: The game drops some pretty broad hints that the clown was the murderer. He wasn't.
- Nice Hat: A Running Gag is pointing out the aversion of the detective having a nice hat. He apparently has one in the sequel, before shortly losing the hat.
- Red Herring: It turns out that Charles Ringer actually WASN'T the killer.
- Stealth Hi Bye: The girls in both games seem to vanish without a trace.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Part of the reason Pete killed Hugh was so that Mandy could run the fun house.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.