|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The year is 1999, where the world has corralled all the world's monsters into a heavily secure island base in the Ogasawara archipelago called Monsterland and a new Moonbase is being established with the brand new rocket ship Moonlight SY-3. However, things go awry when Monsterland is suddenly gassed by aliens and both the monsters and humans are brought under the control of a group of space women known as Kilaaks. They've made the Monster Island crew into henchmen and have sent the monsters around the world with Godzilla attacking New York, Rodan to Moscow, Gorosaurus to Paris, and Mothra to Beijing. It is up to the crew of the Moonlight SY-3 to sabotage the Kilaak control device, while the monster attacks intensify and the Kilaaks plot to make things more comfortable for them by raising the temperatures. Upon their success, the monsters rally to attack the Kilaak base at Mount Fuji, but the Kilaaks pull another card from their sleeves: King Ghidorah, leading to a climactic showdown for Earth.
This film contains examples of
- All Your Powers Combined: TEN monsters vs King Ghidorah. Geeze.
- Though to be fair, only six really do anything.
- Alien Invasion: Well, yeah.
- Bad Export for You: The ADV release has no menus or chapter stops. That has thankfully been fixed with Media Blasters giving the film a proper Blu-Ray and DVD release.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Though the Kilaaks appear to be merely Human Aliens at first glance, they can only take that form while remaining at high temperatures, their real forms being more like metallic slugs.
- Newscaster Cameo: Japanese news reporter Saburo Iketani appeared as himself, even if the film was set in 1999. Maybe it's his son?
- Series Fauxnale: The film was intended to end the series, but it proved to be so popular that more films ended up being made.