|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Destiny's Child was an R&B group that consisted of Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. It formed in 1997, first being a Four-Girl Ensemble with LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett. The two were replaced with Williams and Farrah Franklin. Farrah left in 2000, leaving the girls to be a Power Trio. Their singing style took R&B to subgenres of urban, contemporary, and dance-pop. "Bootylicious", "Say My Name" and "Bills, Bills, Bills" are some of their most famous songs.
- Angels Pose: Often when performing "Independent Woman," as it was made for the Charlies Angels soundtrack.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Beyoncé, Kelly, and Michelle, respectively, though Kelly and Michelle switch back and forth.
- Breakup Breakout: Beyoncé, duh. While not on the same level of success as her, Michelle has built a respectable career on Broadway and gospel music, and Kelly has carved out success in Europe and landed herself a plum judging spot on The X Factor.
- Brown Eyes: A song dedicated to them, even.
- But Not Too Black: Take a guess...
- The Cameo: In the video for "Bootylicious," one of the people in the opening montage of people looking at themselves in the mirror is Stevie Nicks, who's song "Edge of Seventeen" was sampled for the song. The "Making The Video" special made this out to be a big deal, as this was apparently one of a very few times Stevie had been seen playing guitar on camera.
- Crunchtastic: "Bootylicious".
- Double Entendre: From their song, Soldier: "Known to carry big things, if you know what I mean."
- Garfunkel: Any member of the group that wasn't Beyoncé. Somewhat averted on the first two albums with Kelly, however.
- Gasshole: Seriously? Kelly Rowland. Her burps are huge.
- Girl Group
- Nonuniform Uniform: The girls were well-known for this look. They got into a pattern their clothes would look similar aesthetically, but Kelly would wear shorts, Michelle would wear pants, and Beyonce would wear a skirt or dress. Like so.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: While the group is best remembered now as "that thing that Beyoncé sprang from," don't forget that the World Music Awards said they were the most successful girl group EVER.
- Sampled Up: The guitar backing of Stevie Nicks's "Edge of Seventeen" taken for Bootylicious.
- Say My Name: "Say My Name". Say my name/Say my name/If no one is around you/Say baby I love you
- Sesame Street Cred: In 2001 they sang "A New Way To Walk" on the show.
- Signature Song: "Survivor", "Bootylicious", "Say My Name".
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Beyoncé.