|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character that villains target significantly more than anyone else
- Straight: Cherry finds herself being targeted by the Monster of the Week more so than any other member of her Five-Man Band.
- Exaggerated: Cherry is literally the only person the Monster of the Week ever goes after.
- Inverted: Cherry is never targeted by the Monster of the Week, in contrast to everyone else in the Five-Man Band.
- Subverted: Cherry appears to be frequently kidnapped by the Big Bad, but it turns out that this is so they can meet in private and carry out their passionate love affair
- Double Subverted: It turns out that Cherry was being brainwashed into this affair, and thus the Big Bad is effectively raping her.
- Parodied: The villains form a "We All Hate Cherry" alliance, and explicitly ignore everyone else in their attempts to capture her.
- Deconstructed: Cherry is so sick of being targeted all the time that she grows tired of being good and does a Face Heel Turn.
- Reconstructed: Even after her Face Heel Turn she's targeted just as much as ever, so she decides to return to being good once again.
- Zig Zagged: Cherry's Designated Victim status varies drastically at the writer's whim.
- Averted: Cherry is targeted more or less the same amount as everyone else.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Why do they always go after me?"
- Invoked: Cherry is always going out of her way to get captured by the Monster of the Week, either to protect the others, or to provoke the heroes into action.
- Defied: Cherry takes self defense classes, and suddenly, the villains don't want to approach her anymore.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Designated Victim
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.