The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Angst Dissonance
- Complete Monster: Harry skirts this trope at times.
- Mr Single and the Lang family more than skirt it, at least pre-Villain Decay.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Harry confronting Single. Sadly, he hangs on as an ineffectual villain.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Though he doesn't get much screen time, Draco himself is one of these.
Kingsley Shacklebolt: "I had never seen a creature so elegant and refined."
- Esoteric Happy Ending: The Victim Falls For Rapist theme made it inevitable.
- Fetish Retardant: Just see its (obviously NSFW) weepingcock threads.
- "The burn was exquisite." You may now cross your legs.
- Gary Stu: Richard shows early signs of this, including developing magic abnormally quickly.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Running Gag in the MST about Harry being impotent became this when it was revealed that he actually is.
- Idiot Plot
- Mary Sue: Millicent (saintly Woobie with Prophetic Dreams) is a Purity Sue and Serena (offspring of canon characters, who walks, talks and uses controlled wandless magic before she's even a year old and becomes an Animagus aged two) is a God Mode Sue in training.
- Never Live It Down: Author's Saving Throw nothing, this will always be the "I HATE THAT YOU HAVE A COCK!" fic.
- Ron the Death Eater: Most egregiously, Minerva.
- So Bad It's Good
- Squick: The elf sex thread.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Pick a "happy families" scene. Any will do.
- Toy Ship: Hinted at between two toddlers in Chapter 17.
- Unfortunate Implications: Giving the only actual gay character (Harry/Snape and Draco/Kingsley don't count) a feminine nickname might not be such a good idea.
- Then there's the sexism, for instance the whole (implied) no female Guides thing and the fact that when Ron and Hermione join Harry to confront Single it's suggested that Hermione be the one to stay behind to look after the kids. That the author is a woman doesn't make the Unfortunate Implications any less so.
- Dumbledore was taking sexual advantage of his subordinates. Because that's what gay people do.
- Speaking of homosexuality, there's also the fact that every M/M pairing in the fic is exploitative in some way, whether a forced marriage, the aforementioned, or borderline pederasty or actual rape.
- Villain Decay: Single gets a bad case of this in the later chapters.
- Wangst: Harry spends much time lamenting his woes, which he wouldn't have if he'd paid attention to Hermione and the Weasleys in chapter one.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.