|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Denver is the largest city in Colorado, as well as the state capitol. It is nicknamed the "Mile High City", due to its elevation of 5,280 feet (1 mile). It has sports teams in all five American major leagues, (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHA, MLS) as well as having teams in other sports (Lacrosse, Arena Football, Rugby, and a few minor league teams; let's just say it's a sports obsessed town) the one with the most following being the Denver Broncos of the NFL. It is home to several universities, among them Metro State College of Denver, University of Colorado Denver, Denver University, and Regis University. The Molly Brown House, residence of one of the most famous Titanic survivors, is there. Despite having a high level of local government corruption (police corruption was once ranked as highest in the US) and ranking second in the US for pollution, Denver is generally portrayed as clean, friendly, and decidedly Midwestern.
Denver in fiction:
- South Park ventures there on occasion, and South Park itself is "close enough" to Denver anyway.
- The real South Park is-it's right next door, a street in Littleton, Colorado.
- The Eddie Murphy film Imagine That was set here.
- Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead: Yeah....
- In some episodes of Mork and Mindy, the gang would come to Denver.
- It gets blown up in the novel The Sum of All Fears. Changed to Baltimore in the Film of the Book.
- As well as in Jericho.
- About Schmidt