|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The movie provides examples of:
- Aside Glance: It looks like Dennis is staring at us while playing dead so he won't be in Margaret's house.
- Ask a Stupid Question
George: I think the little rat put mouthwash in my nasal spray and toilet cleanser in my mouthwash.
Martha: Why would he do something like that?
George: Must you ask?
- Balloon Belly: Switchblade Sam gains one after Dennis feeds him a whole pot of baked beans.
- Canon Foreigner: Gunther
- Death Glare: "Don't embarrass me."
- Dramatic Thunder
Dennis: I bet I know what it is.
George: I doubt that.
Dennis: I bet it's your address.
- Booom* (George freezes in shock)
- Fantastic Slur: "Cheek-pinchers!"
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Dennis talked to Mrs. Wilson about the time his parents "wrestled".
- While Dennis and Margaret are arguing over the merits of men over women and vice-versa, they start to debate on how babies are made. This ends when Joey starts laughing evilly, saying: "You want to know how?"
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: George says "G.D." a lot.
- Groin Attack: Averted, as a canoe fell from the ceiling of Mr. Wilson's attic, barely missed his groin.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Arnold Stang played the photographer.
- I Am Big Boned:
Martha: Weren't you a fat boy?
George: I was husky.
George (after Dennis told him he's been robbed, and made him miss the moment his flower blossoms): You're a pest. A menace. A spoiled, selfish little brat and I got no use of you. You took something from me that I could never get back. Something that means more to me than you ever will. I don't wanna know you, and I don't wanna see you. Get out of my way!
- Although he does end up regretting it, and – upon learning that Dennis has run away and may be in the company of said burglar – even joins in the search.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Towards a bitchy coworker of Alice Mitchell. She forces the latter into going on a business trip in her stead, despite the fact that Alice has a kid to watch over, on the basis that she "[has] a life." The movie ends with said kid, Dennis, getting her stuck in a copier machine.
- Lifes Work Ruined: The flower that took 40 years to grow and flowers for a few seconds... and no one sees it because of Dennis yelling at just the right moment.
George: Forty years down the drain!
- Montage: "Don't Hang Up"
- My God, What Have I Done?: George is guilt-stricken when he learns that Dennis ran away because of his tirade.
- Not-So-Innocent Whistle: Dennis when he accidentally spilled some mothballs, on which George accidentally slipped.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: Switchblade Sam apparently figured out George's combination is his address.
- Sarcasm Mode
Dennis: You know, Mr. Wilson, you wonder why I'm not crying? If I'm not gonna be around my mom and dad, the only other person I wanna be around is you.
George: I can't tell you how deeply moved I am.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Dennis, when his hair is sucked into the leaf blower.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Both Mr. Wilson and one of Dennis' friends use their address as their combination for their safe and bike, respectively. Even Switchblade Sam figured it out.
- Thief: Switchblade Sam
Dennis: You're a robber!?
Sam: I'm a thief.
- Title Drop: Sort of.
George: I can't stand that kid! He's a menace!