|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A Vlog Series on youtube about the hijinks of Alternate Character Interpretation versions of Demyx, Axel and other members of Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts. The show was originally like a vlog in format but later episodes grew some seriously dramatic plots, with a few random videos thrown in in between full episodes. Between hilarious hijinks, and gobs of Ho Yay, the show got enough popularity to warrant it's own panel at Metrocon twice.
Since its debut, the show has expanded the cast from Demyx and Axel to the entire organization, and occasionally Namine and Sora. It's also changed its format from a talk show/vlog series to a kind of sitcom spiced with affectionate parodies.
- Acting for Two: Jenn "jenxthejinx" and Kelly both play multiple characters.
- Affectionate Parody:
- Anything That Moves: Axel is implied to be this, but we never see it in the show
- Bishounen: Even in the original Kingdom Hearts games it's hard to tell which members of the organization are male, but more often than not the female cosplayers look more like the game visuals than the guys.
- Spoofed when Demyx thinks that Larxene is a man because everybody else is.
- Black Comedy Rape: Heavily implied in episode 9.
- Brain Bleach: Implied when Axel discovers that Larxene slept with Xigbar (along with most of the rest of the Organization).
Larxene: *nods* Uh-huh.
Axel: Tell you what, I'll be back in about a half an hour, there's some stuff I really, quite desperately need to bleach, so if you would please--*leaves the room followed by screams of pain*
- Catch Phrase: Stop! Demyx Time!
- "Dude!" - Xigbar
- "Kingdom Hearts!" - Xemnas
- Cloudcuckoolander: Demyx
- David Bowie: Demyx's idol and "somebody".
- The Dragon: Saix
- The Ditz: Demyx
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Axel likes to mock Marluxia for it. Inverted when Demyx thinks Larxene is a man.
- Fan Service: Demy Short: Faith had Demyx and Axel dancing around together on a comfy looking bed with unbuttoned shirts.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The four characters with the most screentime:
- Sanguine: Demyx
- Choleric: Axel
- Melancholic: Vexen
- Phlegmatic: Xigbar
- Flanderization: In favor of comedy.
- Freaky Friday Flip: Episode nine.
- Fridge Brilliance: Marluxia spends most of episode 14 hiding in the closet.
- Heroic BSOD: Larxene when Axel breaks her hair.
- Hostile Show Takeover: Axel does this in Episode
EightAxel. Then Marluxia and Larxene come in and take the show from Axel.
- Ho Yay: it's everywhere.
- Insane Troll Logic: "I think...Roxas should be renamed Biff... so then Demyx can visit Biff's room, because Biff is allowed visitors...and Roxas is not."
- Innocent Innuendo: The bouncy bed game really is just bouncing on the bed.
- Also... Smegma. Not at all innocent.
- Life Imitates Art: Jenny started Demyx Time to catch the eye of Kelly, who she fancied. Then their characters (Demyx and Axel, respectively) on the show got increasingly more amounts of Ho Yay after they got together.
- No Periods, Period: Inverted. An early arc involves Demyx trying to figure out what a tampon is. It doesn't end well.
- And later he discusses Larxene's "airplane sticker" collection.
Axel: Remember those tampons of Larxene's?
Axel: That's for the same sort of thing.
Demyx: Augh! Why did you put it on my face?!
- Original Character: The Fridge Goblin.
- Punctuated Pounding: In episode twelve: TWI! LIGHT! ISN'T! LITERATURE!
- Punch Clock Villain: According to this interpretation, all the Organization XIII members are rather goofy in their free time.
- Rule of Funny
- Serious Business: Food for Demyx.
- Shout-Out: Many reference/parodies thrown into episodes, such as lines from Night at The Museum 2, South Park , and Family Guy.
- Step Three: Profit: In the Axel episode, Marluxia describes this strategy as his "foolproof" way to take over the organization.
- Straight Gay: Even though Roxas and Axel being lovers in Episode Twelve isn't much of a surprise, Roxas still acts the least Camp of the Organization.
- Subverted in episode 14.
- Techno Babble: Vexen uses this.
- The Other Darrin: Any characters other than Demyx and Axel can switch actors without the fandom caring all that much, even though it is obvious.
- The One Guy: As of episode 14, the only male cast members are Roxas, Luxord, and Lexaeus.
- The Smurfette Principle: Larxene and Xion are the only girls. inverted in regard to the cast.
- Trilogy Creep: Kind of. There were originally going to be only thirteen episodes, one for each Organization member. Then Xion was revealed, and it expanded to fourteen. Now there will be fifteen as a reward to the fans for giving them money to get to Metrocon.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: The characters are fairly easy to follow. The actors... not so much. Between giving multiple characters different actors, and the voices the actors use, even long-time viewers can get confused.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Averted at the beginning of this video.