|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Michael Dempsey is a New York City cop who makes the Big Apple too hot to hold him. His superiors hand him over to the British where he is teamed with 'Lady Harriet Makepeace'. Hilarity Ensues as They Fight Crime. Why is it always a street smart American and Aristocratic Brit? Couldn't it just once be a tough, street smart Cockney teamed with a First Families of Virginia type?
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Oh so much.
- Catch Phrase: 'Life is tough and then you die.' Or was it 'Life's a Bitch and then you die'?
- Da Chief: The long suffering Detective Superindendent Gordon Spikings had the unenviable task of dealing with Cowboy Cop Dempsey
"Dempsey, when the prime minister and the home secretary instructed me to set up this special unit to combat major crime, I did not expect to be wet nursing ex vietnam soldiers touting bazookas!"
- First-run Syndication: In the states.
- Romance on the Set: Michael Brandon and Glynis Barber who played the title characters married a few years after the series finished and are still together.