|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Characters of Demon Legacy and the sequel Phantom Legacy.
Slade: The hero of the game, who is confronted with events, that will change the fate of the world.
- The Chosen One: By Kahn.
- Death Seeker: In Phantom Legacy, he ends up letting Nero's group kill him for failing to save the innocents.
- Fallen Hero: By the time Phantom Legacy sets in. Subverted, he didn't murder any innocents in cold blood, only pretended to have done so.
- The Hero: The main character of the first game.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sharn and Rhea's red.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair.
Galahanzer: A prince, whose entire kingdom was slaughtered by Kahn (or rather a sword possessing Kahn). He ends up as Shadar, one of the main antagonists.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Manages to fight Kahn (a Demi-God) on even foots.
- Sole Survivor: Is the only survivor of a magic sword's rampage.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has light blue hair.
Sharn: A rude assassin hired by Shadar. He ends up joining Slade after he fails his mission.
- Anti-Hero: He still remains somewhat rude even after he turns.
- Hitman with a Heart: He's an assassin, but not completely heartless.
- Heel-Face Turn: Starts out as one of Shadar's henchmen.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: As said above, he's not entirely heartless.
- Professional Killer: He's an assassin.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Slade's blue.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Was subjected by Shadar for this. He stays alive and ends up pulling a Heel-Face Turn.
Rhea: Shade's rude colleague, who doesn't get along well with him. Although, this softens up later on.
- Anti-Hero: One of the more rude main characters.
- Eleventh-Hour Ranger: Although you can play with her more early on.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She is a jerk, but with some positive traits deep down.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Slade's blue.
- The Voiceless: Has no lines in Phantom Legacy.
Iris: A doll of Deimos. She was created to oppose Shadar.
- Artificial Human: Of the living doll variety.
- Heroic Albino: A white-haired and white-skinned doll with red eyes.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: She's smart and technically not even a year old, but she is a living doll, so...
Orion: Another doll of Deimos. He seeks to kill Deimos for threatening the world and the latter's generally harsh attitude.
- The Ace: Has some of the strongest attacks and can even solo the party.
- Artificial Human: Another creation of Deimos.
- Black Cloak: Wears a dark cloak.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Makes one to stop Deimos.
- Person of Mass Destruction: When he loses his patience, he becomes one.
- Team Dad: Was created at least sixty years ago.
Nero: A doll of another scientist. He is the main protagonist of Phantom Legacy.
- Artificial Human: He's living marionette, just like Iris.
- Heroic Albino: He's white-haired and has reddish eyes.
Lilith: A knight of the kingdom, who ends up defecting said kingdom.
Lamia: The matron, who ends up aiding Nero's team.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can turn herself into a red bird.
Alistar: A mysterious man, who ends up aiding Nero's team.
- Cool Old Guy: He's an old man, who can fight off strong enemies. Turns out he's Orion, so no surprise.
- Tomato Surprise: He is Orion.
Shadar: One of the main and recurring antagonists. A black miasma-like being, who murders anyone, who gets in his way.
- Above Good and Evil: Doesn't believe in good and evil.
- Black Cloak: He is a hooded miasma-being.
- The Dreaded: Being especially strong and willing to murder anyone, who gets in his way makes him one.
- Final Boss: Is the last antagonist to be fought in Phantom Legacy.
- Grim Reaper: A miasma-like being in a cloak, using a scythe, incredibly powerful and has killed dozens, if not thousands of people? Yes, he's one of the game's closest equivalents to this.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Some of the crimes he does, weren't undeserved. Like imprisoning Faust/Christopher or murdering Abel.
- No-Nonsense Nemesis: Doesn't play around when it comes to killing. In fact, a wrong move and he'd kill you sooner than you'd expect.
- Physical God: While not a god, he can keep up with the main characters even moreso than some of the Demi-Gods, making him one as well.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He has a glowing red eye and one of the most dangerous characters of the game.
Deimos: A scientist and a creator of dolls, who seeks to kill the Demi-Gods.
- Bad Boss: Kills a minion for being weak and mind controls the other one for turning against him.
- The Chessmaster: Matches Shadar, despite being weaker. It's his terrible behavior, that ends up costing him dearly.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Is killed by Orion and later by Iris (who had Slade's help though).
- Mad Scientist: Uses human corpses to create marionettes.
- Marionette Master: Creates sentient marionettes to make them do, what he wants.
- Necromancer: Has the looks of one, but is more of an evil creator.
- Physical God: One of the deities, that the game has. He's technically not the strongest, though.
- Villainous Rescue: Saves the heroes from Shadar. Of course, this turns out to be a trap, as he wanted to sent them back to him and get killed.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Puts one on Fianna, the fire marionette.
Faust: A monk, who was imprisoned by Deimos. As it turns out, he is Galahanzer's uncle Christopher from 1000 years ago.
- Asshole Victim: Gets imprisoned in a dimention by Shadar. Given, that he murdered his father a millenia ago, it wasn't undeserved. He manages to escape, though.
- Born-Again Immortality: Apollo gave him the "true reincarnation", thus whenever he dies, he gets reborn with all what he remembers from his past lives.
- Evil Old Folks: Is concious for at least a millenia.
- The Mole: He is a servant of Apollo and eventually joins him personally.
- Really 700 Years Old: Played with. While he has a body of a fairly old man, he is capable to remember anything from his past lives.
Narik/Abel: Slade's master. He is actually one of Apollo's pawns, who wants to wipe out humanity.
- Broken Pedestal: Was Slade's master until he revealed his true nature.
- Death Seeker: Living for centuries made him one, as well as a Straw Nihilist.
- Face Death with Dignity: Attempted with Slade after his defeat, but he refused to do so. Short after, Shadar ended up doing this and Abel died without any dignity.
- Hypocrite: Kills Apollo for being genocidal, despite being genocidal himself.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Kills Apollo, the man responsible for all of his evil deeds and one of the genocidal Demi-Gods.
- Light Is Not Good: Looks like an angel, but he's a follower of the genocidal Demi-Gods.
- Self-Made Orphan: He killed his own parents, because they never cared for him.
- Straw Nihilist: Seeks to wipe out anyone, including himself.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Definitely not him.
Proteus: The god of the world. He got imprisoned years before the start of Slade's part of the timeline, but seeks to come out. He and some of the Demi-Gods succumbed to madness, prior to the start of the events.
- Abusive Parents: After succumbing to darkness, he becomes this. Ironically, at least some of them had it coming.
- Eldritch Abomination: Or one of the closest things the game has to one.
- God Is Evil: Played with. He succumbed to darkness, but is otherwise capable of a decent speech with Slade's group.
- True Final Boss: Of the first part. The sequel has Shadar as this.
Demi-Gods: Proteus' successors, who tried to make the world something better, but ended up abused by them. Succumbing to hatred, they ended up seeking to wipe out humanity. They consist of Apollo, Loki, Arianna and Odin. Their brother Kahn ended up joining Slade, resisting in the his (Slade's) body and Loki, who only played to be alongside them and stopped after realizing Kahn's or Slade's wishes.
- The Dreaded: Similarly to Shadar, they're all powerful and murderous, and also cause the people to fear them, when they know of the Demi-Gods' existence.
- Fallen Hero: Used to be good people, but them being abused by human turned them to genocidal human-haters.
- Final Solution: Their goal.
- Freudian Excuse: Were abused by humans.
- Jerkass Gods: Seek to wipe out humanity for abusing them.
- Kill All Humans: Considering they were abused by humans for trying to help them. Yet, given, that they were Proteus' Demi-God creations, they couldn't handle it very well, to say the least.
Apollo: They unofficial leader of the Demi-Gods. He uses manipulation, to convince others of his and his brethren's worldview.
- Asshole Victim: Killed by Abel, one of his pawns.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Is killed by Abel, before the heroes had the chance to fight him.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He is killed by Abel, someone he manipulated into being a Straw Nihilist.
- Manipulative Bastard: Manipulated Abel into becoming the person he is in the present.
- The Social Darwinist: Only cares about making a "perfect" race. Nothing else concerns him.
- Smug Smiler: At times, since he's a powerful Demi-God and very overconfident in his abilities.
- The Unfought: Downplayed. You get to fight him, but that is not a climatic battle, and when the climatic battle is about to happen, he's already killed by Abel.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He runs around topless as a show-off, that he's powerful.
Loki: One of the four Demi-Gods. He views Kahn as his fellow, rather than a pawn. His actual agenda is to backstab Apollo and the other two Demi-Gods and stop them from executing their genocide.
- Anti-Villain: As it turns out.
- Black Knight: He wears a dark armor.
- Dragon with an Agenda: The only Demi-God to not support Apollo besides Kahn.
- The Mole: He doesn't support Apollo's tactic, but pretends to do.
Arianna: The most sadistic of the Demi-Gods following the incident. She speaks in a polite manner with her brothers, but isn't above using cruel tactics.
- Blondes Are Evil: She is blonde, cruel and outright sadistic.
- Dark Chick: The only female Demi-God.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: When pitied by Iris for being once broken, she says she doesn't want any pity from anyone.
- Yandere: Is obsessed with Khan, aka Slade.
Odin: Another one of the Demi-Gods. He has a grudge against Kahn for unknown reasons.
- Black Knight: He also wears a dark armor.
- Greed: Is known as "The Avaricious" and when revived by Proteus, he gets bribed with reward for beating Slade's group.
- Healing Factor: When you fight him, he heals himself a lot.
- Light Is Not Good: Got a reputation of light and nearly as genocidal as Apollo.
- The Unreveal: It's never explained, why he had a hatred towards Kahn.
Maribel: A member of the government, with a rude attitude, that rivals that of Rhea. Like Rhea, she does have a better side.
- Driven to Suicide: Said to have killed herself due to being incapable of killing Slade.
- Hero Antagonist: Until later on.
- Face-Heel Turn: Joins Apollo after her second defeat at Slade's hands.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's a jerk, but has a softer side.
- Revenge: Seeks revenge for Narik's murder later on.
- Shadow Archetype: She is essentially, what Rhea could have ended as, if she did succumb to her hatred towards Slade.
- Too Dumb to Live: Fighting the very people, that murdered your leader and most of your comrades, after said leader said not to? Not a wise move at all, and the only reason she survived, was because she was lucky.
Janus: Lilith's colleague, who ends up joining Malakai.
- Body Horror: Gets half of his face turned black.
- Fallen Hero: Starts out as a member of the government, but ends up joining Malakai.
- Heel-Face Turn: Ends up as Lamia's new bodyguard after Haizum is killed.
Haizum: Lamia's guardian, who ends up joining Malakai.
- Blood Knight: Joined Lamia, so he could kill any unwanted visitor.
- Human Shield: Or golem shield. He uses Nero as one during his first encounter with him and his followers.
- Obviously Evil: He's a purple being and one of the more cruel antagonists.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Puts this on Lamia. It ends up backfiring on him.
Corvus: A mysterious black knight.
- The Atoner: Was a criminal 20 years ago.
- Black Knight: He wears a black armor.
- Death Seeker: Wants to atone for his crimes by dying.
- Heel Face Revolving Door: Was a criminal, then joined Nero's group, then was Malakai's pawn and then legitimately redeemed himself.
- Unwitting Pawn: Is forced to join Malakai.
Malakai: A seemingly dimwitted scientist, who is far more competent than he initially appears to be.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: As it turns out. He wears glasses and is evil.
- The Heavy: Created the swords, thus most misery that happens can be traced back to him.
- It Amused Me: Seems to be his motivation for the massacre at the castle.
- Mad Scientist: Is the guy behind the magical swords.
- Nigh Invulnerability: Subverted. He is immune against Nero and Shadar's attacks, but normal humans can still damage him.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Acts like a fool until a certain moment.
- Smug Super: Like Apollo, he's an overconfident, unpleasant and powerful individual, who overestimates his abilities.
- Squishy Wizard: Played with. His equipment made him immune to Nero and Shadar's attacks, but Sharn wounded him with one attack. That said, he can tank a lot of attacks when you finally fight him.