The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A boss in a video game returns later as a regular enemy.
- Played Straight: Captain Shadowclaw appears as the boss of level one, but by level five is a regular recurring enemy.
- Exaggerated: Shadowclaw is fought as a boss in one room. In the next room, there are five of him acting as standard enemies.
- Downplayed: Shadowclaw doesn't return as an Mini Boss until the last level, and there's only one of him.
- Subverted: Recurring Boss
- Double Subverted: He's a Recurring Boss, then an enemy.
- Parodied: Shadowclaw was a Zero Effort Boss in the first place, so it's quite fitting.
- Deconstructed: As a standard enemy, Shadowclaw has to live through the gruelling life of the working class.
- Reconstructed: Shadowclaw returns at the end of the game as the final boss again.
- Lampshaded: "Weren't you a boss some time ago?"
- Invoked: Enemy recruitment is easier with someone who already has experience as a villain.
- Exploited: The Hero doesn't defeat Shadowclaw, knowing that he'd just come back as an enemy later anyway.
- Zig-zagged: Shadowclaw is a Recurring Boss in levels 1, 2 and 3, then a Mook in Levels 4 and 5, before being a boss again for Level 6.
- Played for Laughs: Shadowclaw keeps trying to monologue while an enemy before realizing that he is not in that position.
- Played for Drama: All of the minions that he treated like crap before hate him now that he's their equal.
- Justified: Members of the Five-Bad Band get no second chances and are demoted after one mistake.
- Inverted: Shadowclaw was a Mook at the beginning before being promoted to a boss.
- Averted: Shadowclaw never returns after his first appearance.
- Discussed: "It's weird how many people get demoted from villain to Mook, eh?"
- Conversed: "Will there ever be a villain who doesn't show up again later in the game?"
Back to Degraded Boss
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.