The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character who fights with the intention of dying, only sucks at getting killed.
- Straight: John fights Alice so she will kill him, but Alice lets him live.
- Exaggerated: John fights with a twig against Alice's Humongous Mecha with a battle cry of "Kill me!" The stick gets lodged in its steering system and it crashes, leaving him completely uninjured and not even that tired.
- Downplayed: John fights Alice hoping to get injured.
- John has lost all hope, so he tries to provoke his enemies into killing him.
- Suicide by Cop
- Inverted: The dead John tries to return back to life.
- Subverted: John's death seeking behavior is a ruse to psyche out his opponents so he can defeat them more easily...
- Double Subverted: ... causing him to be suicidal when he realizes how many people he's killed.
- Deconstructed: John's death seeking behavior leads to the death of his team.
- Reconstructed: His suicidal behavior leads to the team signing him up for therapy.
- Parodied: John is always getting into mismatched battles that he can not possibly win without even trying to defend himself in an attempt to kill himself, but ends up winning every time due to some technicality or mishap.
- Zig Zagged: John thinks that his team will never win and loses the will to live, so he picks a fight with Alice. Alice is secretly in love with John, so she fights carelessly when she realizes that John is suicidal, which unintentionally gives John a perfect opportunity to kill Alice. This realization causes John's depression to end, as the fight is not hopeless after all. He mortally wounds Alice, only to realize that she purposefully didn't kill him earlier. Overcome with guilt, John asks the dying Alice to kill him, but she refuses and tells him that he needs to find a reason to live.
- Averted: John does not wish to die.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Do you want to die?"
- Invoked: Always
- Exploited: The Big Bad orchestrates a major catastrophe in John's life, knowing he will become suicidal and will go out seeking his death.
- Defied: John decides that life is worth living and only chooses battles that he knows he can win.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Go back to Death Seeker and kill me already!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.