|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
You know you love it!
Dasien (pronounced "dah-see-en", according to creator Neil Purcell) is the superheroic identity of Michelle Knight, an aspiring reporter for an entertainment magazine. After exposure to the Dasein virus, Michelle developed Super Strength, Super Speed and Nigh Invulnerability. Her best friend is Parker Lynn Bailey, another journalist. And the Crimson Gestalt, a fierce superhero-hunting extermination squad led by Lord Crimson, is the most prominent menace.
Dasien has appeared in other webcomics: Chronologically, she's appeared in Energize/Dasien and Heroes Unite, under her original character design as well as alternate costume design in The Crossoverlord, and The Blonde Marvel, and she also cameos in Crossoverkill, but as her alter ego, Michelle Knight.
The comic comes and goes out of hiatus but maintains an ongoing storyline, usually first run on its its DrunkDuck mirror.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Evil Redheads: Red, Rouge and Ruby of the Crimson Gestalt.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Dasien herself.
- Leotard of Power: Can be seen.
- Les Yay: Dasien herself is not a lesbian, but two of her female friends definitely are, with hints that one may have eyes for Das herself.
- Nanomachines: The source of Lord Crimson's powers (and probably the rest of the Crimson Gestalt).
- Schedule Slip: Dasien's Halloween 2008 filler was on the comic's entry page through March 2009, immediately followed by another hiatus.
- The comic returned in March 2013 but then immediately started publishing pages of Liberty, the American Girl starting on April Fools Day.
- As of February 2014, the comic has been publishing for nearly a year with only a few minor schedule mishaps.
- Stripperiffic: There is this kind of look.
- Theme Naming: The members of the Crimson Gestalt take their code names from shades of red; one of them is actually code-named Red.