|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
What do you get when you take one syrupy newlywed couple, Gratuitous English terms of endearment, and add in a whole slew of kinky outfits and Imagine Spots? A surprisingly cute Hentai show named "Darling", (and some elephants)!
Darling is the story of a Hentai mangaka named Jun Kitano, who has just married his assistant and the love of his life, Miyuki. Their life of married bliss is interrupted, however, by Soyoko Mifuji, the representative of a publishing company, who comes to Jun with a huge opportunity: the chance to write and draw the greatest porn manga anthology in the 21st century. However they only have 30 days to finish, or Soyoko will be forced to become her boss's sex slave. How will they meet this impossible deadline? By using Jun's secret ultimate technique, Hyper Erection Mode, in which he is able to fuel his writing with the power of his month-long erection!
Darling is based on an H-game game of the same name, and is three episodes long.
- Anime Chinese Girl: Miyuki's first costume, which leads Jun to write a manga about a Chinese spy.
- Anime Hair: Miyuki, oh so much.
- Attempted Rape: Episode 3.
- Bi the Way: Soyoko and Miyuki.
- Catgirl: Nekomimi Kamen from Episode 3.
- Daydream Surprise: Episode 3 opens with one.
- Deus Sex Machina: Hyper Erection Mode!
- Dominatrix: Miyuki imagines Soyoko as one at the end of Episode 1.
- Dream Sequence: About half of every episode.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Miyuki's brother.
- Exotic Equipment: The Master's metal penis from Episode 2.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot: Jun doesn't even object when his wife starts screwing Soyoko in the bathroom.
- Gratuitous English: Hyper Erection Mode! Also, "Honey" and "Darling".
- Happily Married: Jun and Miyuki. Very uncommon for hentai....
- Hentai: The genre, and the driving force of the plot. A rare example of the "romantic" subgenre.
- Hot for Teacher: A lesbian version in Episode 3.
- Insatiable Newlyweds
- Meido: The Ero-Ero Maids from Episode 2. Yes, Sci-Fi maids.
- Naughty Tentacles: The Master's monsters from Episode 2.
- Out with a Bang: The rapist in Episode 3 meets his end this way.
- Porn with Plot: Though in this show, the plot is porn.
- Porno Within A Porno: All of Jun's manga.
- Raging Stiffie: Activate... Hyper Erection Mode! *cue elephants*
- Rape and Revenge: Episode 3... sorta.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Episode 3.
- Sex Slave: Two of them in Episode 2.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Jun and Miyuki are the poster children for this Trope. They will do anything for each other, constantly go into paroxysms of ecstasy over one anthers' cuteness, and call each other "Darling" and "Honey", respectively, to the exclusion of their real names.
- Their First Time: Episode 1.
- Transformation Sequence: A rare and hilarious male example, occurs at least twice an episode, and involves inexplicable rampaging elephants.
- They're not inexplicable. An elephant (or in this case several of them) is a Japanese visual pun for an erection.
- Waif Fu: The Chinese spy in the first episode.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Hyper Erection Mode - comes with posing, costume powerups, and rampaging elephants.
- Write Who You Know: All of Jun's characters are obviously based off people he knows. He and Miyuki are always the stars, but Miyuki's sister, a pervy bookshop owner, Soyoko and a few others also get characters based off them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Miyuki's brother and sister are pink and bright yellow, while Soyoko has silver hair.