|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A fantastical story concerning giant robots, Meta-humans, Atlantis, war, truth, justice, love, and any other crap I can think of. Started as an attempt to make a crossover fanfic about Code Geass and Darker Than Black but evolved into an entirely (or mostly) original work. Fun for all ages, well, most of them.
Behold the semi-permanent home(s) of Darkest Hour: Eternal Night!
Please note that in order to see the story or discussion thread on SRWG-W you must register an account.
Whereas here you can come and read to your hearts content. (However it isn't in quite as far as the other forum. It'll catch up soon, I promise. With cookies!)
Darkest Hour: Eternal Night contains examples of:
- Above Good and Evil: The Gatekeeper, Seth Deus, and Q. Midnight tries to be this.
- Ace Pilot: A few, actually. Though Christina Rath, The Black Knight, and Seth Tabris stand out.
- Amazon Brigade: The aptly named Valkyrie Squadron, consisting solely of female pilots.
- Arc Number: 545.
- A God Am I: Seth Deus, Caterina Sinderlin, Christina Rath, and Seth Tabris (inside the Infinitum).
- All There in the Manual: There's a LARGE amount of backstory. So much so that the backstory is much, much longer than the actual story.
- Author Appeal: Giant mecha, Meta-humans, a squadron consisting solely of women. You better believe it.
- Author Avatar: An opposite gender one too, Christina Rath.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Xenon Ã†on being crowned the next Emperor of Atlantis.
- Badass Army: The Ã†on Knights, so much so that their mooks are tough enough to take on an Ace without much trouble. There aren't too many of them though.
- Black Knight: The Black Knight, for obvious reasons.
- Blood Knight: The Crimson Avenger.
- Boss in Mook Clothing: Midnight's Shadows. They're MUCH tougher than they look.
- The Chessmaster: Lemur Ã© Ã†on.
- Child Soldiers: The Seraphim, genetically modified children serving as super soldiers.
- Custom Uniform: A few of them, most characters stick to standard pilot suits though.
- Death Ray: The Daedalus Satellite, the Nanolaser Cannon, the Infinitum's overdrive Cannon.
- The Dragon: The Black Knight.
- During the War: Midnight's Crusaders started a rebellion that grew into an all out war.
- Earth Is a Battlefield: Despite the surface being conquered by Atlantis, the rise of Midnight and other imitators have made the surface world a warzone yet again.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Gatekeeper, and Seth Deus due to his insane power.
- Extreme Doormat: Seraph 01.
- Humans Are Cthulhu: Or rather, one human is. And that human is Seth Deus.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Way too many for even the author to keep track of at one time.
- Kill Sat: To quote those who unluckily found out, "we're fucked."
- Made of Iron: The Black Knight, though in his case his mech is made of Oricalconium and he's just that tough.
- Manipulative Bitch: Lemur Ã© Ã†on.
- New Meat: John Thompson, rookie of the 545th Foreign Legion Squadron.
- Noodle Incident: A gruesome one actually, when Q sends the first Z into a tear in the space-time continuum to get rid of him.
- One-Man Army: Seth Tabris, and how!
- Power Glows: When Meta-humans activate their powers a blue aura surrounds them and intensifies proportionally to their power.
- Reality Warper: Caterina Sinderlin, Christina Rath, and the always popular Seth Deus.
- Rebel Leader: Midnight.
- Rebellious Rebel: Edward Nolan.
- The Reveal: Lemur Ã© is actually Midnight. The Black Knight is Kurogane Kurosaki who happens to be Christina's real father. Archibald was taking orders from Xenon the entire time.
- Redshirt Army: Both played straight and subverted. Played straight whenever an opposing force is up against an ace unit. Subverted HARD, when opposing forces face non-aces. They're more or less evenly matched, though there is a little lean towards the Crusader side winning.
- Shout-Out: The STAND ALONE ... COMPLEX line in Void's speech. Also Meta-humans eyes glow red and a blue aura surrounds them when they use their powers, like Darker than Black. Arguably Midnight is also a shout out to Code Geass's Zero. Funnily, this whole story started as attempt for a cross over fanfic of the last two.
- Sociopathic Soldier: Dimitri Eisenhoff.
- Spoilerriffic: It just is. Or rather, this entry is. It isn't.
- Squad Nickname: Amelia's Aces, a.k.a the 545th Foreign Legion Squadron.
- The Squad: The 545th Foreign Legion Squadron, Paladin Squadron, and Midnight's Shadows.
- Sucking-In Lines: The Daedalus Satellite, Seraph 01's Nanolaser Cannon.
- Super Prototype: Quite a few, many being extremely overpowered. There's also an autonomous one.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Seems to be everyone's philosophy. In particular, Seraph 01.
- Token Evil Teammate: Also, Dimitri Eisenhoff.
- Wave Motion Gun: Seraph 01's Nanolaser Cannon
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Lemur Ã© Ã†on, again!
- Xanatos Gambit: Lemur Ã©'s plan to force the world into peace or glass it and start over.