|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Political aide John Loengard has a run-in with extraterrestrial forces, and ends up tracking a body-snatching alien invasion as part of the super-secret agency Majestic 12. This series was launched at the height of the paranormal mania created by The X-Files. Notable for its 1960s setting and a pre-Star Trek: Voyager role for Jeri Ryan as a Russian sexpot agent. Cancelled after one season.
This series provides examples of:
- Alien Abduction
- All Theories Are True: Especially UFOlogy and other '60s Conspiracy Theory lore.
- Bad Boss: Bach, very much so.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: The events of the show are shown to be interconnected with historical events.
- Cliff Hanger: The series-ending kind.
- Dueling Shows: with The X-Files... for all of one season.
- ET Gave Us Wi Fi: The show, and the conspiracy folklore it's based on, supposes that modern technology was invented by reverse-engineering material from the famous Roswell incident.
- Exposed Extraterrestrials
- Flying Saucer
- Government Conspiracy: Majestic
- The Greys: a (presumably) peaceful race that was taken over by the parasitic Hive. They and their technology are used by the Hive to menace Earth.
- Historical Domain Character: Many, many, from The Beatles and Jim Morrison, to Carl Sagan and Colin Powell.
- Hive Mind: The appropriately named "Hive" aliens have this.
- Roswell That Ends Well: They landed. They met with the President. They told him to surrender. He refused. They shot the ship down.
- Who Shot JFK?
- The Virus: The Hive acts like this.