The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A reprise of a song, only Darker and Edgier
- Justified: Alice's music teacher recommends her students to change the lyrics of their songs based on their mode.
- The first time, Alice is sad about being stuck in Troperville. The next time she sings it, she's triumphant because she never gave up.
- When Bob the Villain makes a Heel Face Turn. His previously Dark theme turns lighter.
- The reprise starts out dark... but as she sings, Alice gains hope.
- Bob Heel Face Turns and recieves a darker Theme Song. Until he stabs Emperor Evulz in the back, and his theme goes back to normal.
- Double Subverted:
- ...but then reality sets back in.
- ...Only to go back to its dark form when he reveals he killed Evulz for selfish reasons.
- Parodied: See exaggerated, and turn Up to Eleven.
- Zig Zagged: The reprise starts dark... but she gains hope... and then reality sets back in... until she reconsiders...
- There's no reprise.
- The reprise is just as happy.
- Rule of Drama
- "Once Bob is a Villain he can't have a heroic song, but his song is associated with his character so we'll just make it darker."
- Lampshaded: "Hey, Alice, wasn't that song really cheerful before?"
- Invoked: See justified.
- Defied: Alice refuses to give up.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Dark Reprise
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.