It was my first movie, so I was more excited about that - just being an actress, never mind being in a horror movie. At that time, I wasn't even a horror movie fan. I did Halloween 4 and Halloween 5 back to back, and I decided that horror movies were all I wanted to do for the rest of my life. It was going to be my thing.
Danielle Harris (b. 1977) is an American actress.
Born in Daytona Beach and raised in New York, her first starring role, and the one she is still most famous for today, is Jamie Lloyd, the neice of Michael Myers, in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. She reprised the role in Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, but not Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, which killed the character off.
Along with Halloween, she has appeared in a number of other horror films, such as Urban Legend, Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet and Hatchet II, cementing her as a Scream Queen. She has also done television, both live-action (Roseanne, That's Life) and voice work (The Wild Thornberrys, Father of the Pride) for animation.
As for the world wide web, she was the host of Fearnet's Route 666: America's Scariest Home Haunts, and along with fellow modern day horror legends Kane Hodder and Robert Englund, she was also featured in the webseries Fear Clinic, as Susan.
Her directorial debut, a horror-comedy titled Among Friends, is set to premier in 2012.
- Jamie Lloyd in Halloween 4 and Halloween 5
- Tracey Hatcher in Marked for Death
- Dana Hemmings in Don't Touch My Daughter
- Young Isobel in The Killing Mind
- Melissa Crandell in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead
- Darian Hallenbeck in The Last Boy Scout
- Priscilla in The Woman Who Loved Elvis
- Gwenie in Free Willy
- Jessica Pentland in Roseanne: An Unauthorized Biography
- Susan in Shattered Image
- Hayley Wheaton in Wish Upon a Star
- Chelsea in Back to Back
- Ashley Crighton in Daylight
- Lulu in Dizzyland
- Tosh Guaneri in Urban Legend
- Young Charlene Silver in Goosed
- Justine Sinclair in Hard Time: Hostage Hotel
- Suzi in Poor White Trash
- Barbie in Killer Bud
- Leila in The Partners
- Liz Bronner in Debating Robert Lee
- Emily in Em & Me
- Carla in Race You to the Bottom
- Annie Brackett in Halloween (2007) and Halloween II (2009)
- Nancy in Left for Dead
- Felicia Freeze in Super Capers
- Alissa Giordano in Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet
- Kathy in The Black Waters of Echo's Pond
- Maria Sanchez in Cyrus: Mind of a Serial Killer
- Halfpipe in Godkiller
- Marybeth in Hatchet II
- Belle in Stake Land
- Mary in The Victim
- Spann in ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2
- Samantha Garretson in One Life to Live
- Tara in Spenser: For Hire
- Melanie Monroe in Eerie Indiana
- Susie Maxwell in Growing Pains
- Molly Tilden in Roseanne
- Jennifer in Jack's Place
- Sheri Fisher in The Commish
- Theresa Keiner in Boy Meets World
- Laura Quentin in ER
- Willow Mortner in Brooklyn South
- Noelle Andrew in Diagnosis Murder
- Aviva in Charmed
- Debbie Thornberry in The Wild Thornberrys
- Plum Wilkinson in That's Life
- Kiki in The West Wing
- Young Gina Carroll in Cold Case
- Sierra in Father of the Pride
- Tonya in Psych
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny: "I'm interested in everything for about two days -- then I wanna try something else."
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Seems to get this role a lot.
- Brown Eyes
- Doctor Phil: Made an appearance in a 2007 episode, to discuss her below mentioned stalker.
- Chronically-Killed Actor
- Fake Nationality: She plays a reporter named "Maria Sanchez" in Cyrus: Mind of a Serial Killer.
- Fascinating Eyebrow
- Final Girl
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Seems to be popular in photo shoots.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: At 5'0", she's this compared to pretty much everyone.
- Older Than They Look: She's in her thirties, yet is still able to make a passable teenager. Probably explains the second trope listed here.
- The Other Darrin: Was replaced by J.C. Brandy as Jamie in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, and replaced Tamara Feldman as Marybeth in Hatchet II.
- Over-the-Shoulder Pose: Here.
- Peek-a-Bangs: But one example.
- Playing Against Type: She turns out to be the psychotic killer in Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet. It was pretty awesome.
- Plays a more passive but no less villainous role in ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 as well.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Sometimes gives this impression. Must be the lighting or... something.
- Rule of Sean Connery
- Stalker with a Crush: Had one as a teenager. One day he showed up at her house with a stuffed animal... and a shotgun.
- Two First Names
- Typecasting: Horror film Final Girl or victim, or a Bratty Teenage Daughter.
- Unkempt Beauty: "You're even hotter when you look like shit."
- What Could Have Been: The end of Halloween 4 set her up as the franchise's new villain, but nothing ever came of it.
- The Woobie: Succinctly described by Arrow in the Head:
"What I love most about Harris, in addition to her petite physique, is the softness, the vulnerability she's so great at eliciting. When under duress, you just want to bundle this poor girl up and bear hug her for dear life."