Daniel Remar is an indie game developer from Sweden. His most famous game is probably Iji, which he created over a span of four years. All his games can be downloaded here. He is aware of TV Tropes, and in fact has posted on the TV Tropes Forum threads about his games, providing Word of God and information on the games' development.
He works at Ludosity Interactive, the company of fellow indiegame creator reallyjoel, where some full versions of prototype games from his "scrap packs" were published.
Games made by Daniel Remar include:
- Hero Core, as well as the game Hero, its predecessor
- Castle Of Elite, a puzzle-platformer
- Garden Gnome Carnage, a rather ...uncommon Christmas-themed arcade-style game.
- Hyper Princess Pitch, a Garden Gnome Carnage Spin-Off and Spiritual Successor to Operation Carnage
Tropes commonly found in his games:
- Easter Egg: His games contain lots of them. This is part of his Signature Style.
- Hey, It's That Sound: He's fond of re-using explosion sounds (and sprites) from Iji.
- Running Gag: Reallyjoel's Dad, a Memetic Badass who is allegedly capable of completing all the games blindfolded with one toe and a broken controller that is on fire.
- Signature Style: Equally great amounts of Easter Eggs and Stuff Blowing Up.
- Turns Red: Usually inverted, as he prefers bosses weakening as they take damage to avert Critical Existence Failure.