The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The newest addition to ESPN's "Journalists yell about sports" block. Hosted by frequent Pardon the Interruption guest host Dan LeBatard, and his father Gonzalo(Referred to as "Papi" by everyone) the show is broken into four segments.
- Opening Questions- General questions posed to Dan and Papi about the latest sports stories of the day.
- Guest Interview- Guest interviews with various sports stars, actors, coaches and so on.
- Do You Question?- Basically a repeat of the opening segment. A fact Dan frequently jokes about.
- Si Or No- Questions about whether Dan or Papi are interested in general television programming of the night.
Tropes Featured in This show.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: During one segment on the April 19, 2012 episode, Papi started dancing causing Dan to grimace through the whole bit until he eventually said: "I'm just going to stop so you have to!"
- Butt Monkey - Former Washington Wizards and current Denver Nugget player JaVale McGee has managed to be the source of quite a few embarrassing basketball bloopers that Dan and Papi have watched.
- Catch Phrase: Papi's "Si, Si, I'm very intrigued!"
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Papi
- Sand in My Eyes: When caught on camera crying during an interview with NBA player Wes Matthews, Papi waved it off, claiming he wasn't crying.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.