|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
OK, maybe it does. Dan Green is a voice actor from New York who works for 4Kids. Green is most known for his 3 vocal ranges: normal, Shota, and Large and In Charge. The last one is especially famous because his Cheesy Awesome voice acting for Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh! was so fabulous it propelled him to Internet stardom, making him currently on par with Crispin Freeman, Scott McNeil, and Christopher Sabat as the Ensemble Big Guys of Voice Acting.
Either he or someone with his name inks/has inked comic books.
His wife Michal Friedman has recently passed away after giving birth to twins (and to make it worse for him, she died around 2011's Thanksgiving). If you could donate that would be great, or at least say a few words to him and his family. Here's the guestbook
Notable roles from Dan Green:
- Yugi Moto and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Officer Trudge/Tetsu Ushio in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
- Kyoshiro Mibu/Demon Eyes Kyo in Samurai Deeper Kyo, 'cause that's what he's all about: gettin' f***ed
- Asato Tsuzuki in Descendants of Darkness
- The eponymous lion in Jungle Emperor Leo.
- Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic X, and in the games proper beginning with Shadow the Hedgehog until he was replaced by Travis Willingham in Sonic Free Riders.
- Additional voices in Kappa Mikey
- The Emperor of Saint Evascureze, and a lot of background characters, in the 2005 version of the Outlanders OVA.
- Various characters in the Pokémon anime, including Professor Birch, and Gym Leaders Chuck, Wattson, Norman and Byron. Oh, and the Pokémon Treecko, Lombre, Slaking, Bastiodon, Spiritomb and Magmortar.
- In the movies, there's Entei and Spencer (Molly's father) from Pokémon 3, Vicious/Iron Masked Marauder in Pokémon 4 Ever, and Damos in Arceus and the Jewel of Life. He was lent the power of the gods, and apparently the voice of the gods as well.
- In the TV specials he plays Mewtwo in Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns, Eugene (the anime version of Eusine from Pokémon Gold and Silver) in The Legend of Thunder and Grovyle in an anime adaptation of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.
- Has a bunch of roles in Viva Pinata, most notably Hudson Horstachio.
- Koutarou Taiga, the living embodiment of What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?, in GaoGaiGar.
- The title character of the Kung Fu Panda Mockbuster, The Little Panda Fighter.
- The Nightmare Enterprises salesman in Kirby: Right Back At Ya!
- Various characters in several Hentai works.
- Most famous is Temptation due to the "cluck like a chicken!" line.
- He usually goes under a pseudonym for these roles, so you'll have to do some research, or actually watch some dubbed Hentai, to find him (one of them is Tom Wilson). He's easily identifiable, though; listen for the Dramatic Monologue, as that's usually the time when Dan switches to his "Yami Yugi" voice.
- He also provided the voice for the guy in Step Sister! Very awkward.
- One of his first roles for Central Park Media was Tanabe in The Ping Pong Club, an ecchi but certainly not arousing series.
- Aya in Knight Hunters Eternity.
- The Gotchi King in Let's Go! Tamagotchi!
- Doctor Stewart in F-Zero GP Legend... for all of 15 episodes.
- Leonardo Medici Bundle in The Movie GoShogun: The Time Étranger.
- Several characters in the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toon: The Professor, Captain Mortu, Commander Mozar, Mephos... and in Turtles Forever, 1987 Leonardo.
- Souji Mikage in Revolutionary Girl Utena.
- Nabuca in Now and Then Here and There.
- Brandon Prince Sky in (using the Shota voice) Winx Club
- Chaos Dragon Gaav in Slayers NEXT
- Inspector Wizer Freyon and Zanaffar in Slayers Revolution
- Some minor voices in Grave of the Fireflies.
- Administrator in Freedom Project.
- Genya in Giant Robo.
- Pogoriki in Go Go Riki