The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Author's Saving Throw: Starting with Aquaman, the films have some fun in them.
- Broken Base: The increasingly lightheartedness. Very welcome to some, but there are those who preferred the darker tone of the earlier films.
- Related to this trope and the one above, Birds of Prey shows that the dark tone is still there, they are just more willing to alternate between dark movies and light ones rather then all movies being dark.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Superman is MEANT to come across as a ruthless anti-hero, however, some people tend to downplay his very obvious and noticeable flaws (flaws that are acknowledged IN-UNIVERSE).
- Fandom Rivalry:
- With the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Obviously.
- With the Arrowverse, largely over which adaptation is Truer to the Text. A good example is the Arrowverse fans arguing that Supergirl is a more faithful adaptation of Superman than Man of Steel was. Likewise, fans can go on for hours over which universe had the better version of a character.
- He Really Can Act: Whatever complaints people have about the scripts, they raise far less against the casting directors.
- Memetic Loser:
- At least a few Superheroes and Villains pre-Justice League already fell into this. Bonus points if said hero and villain is Cavill's Superman and Leto's Joker.
- Harley Quinn became the whipping girl for several parts of the fanbase after Birds of Prey.
- The Scrappy:
- Jared Leto's Joker is considered as the worst incarnation of the Clown Prince of Crime in DC media, given his gangster-like appearance and his rather unsettling laugh.
- Truer to the Spiritual Text: The DCEU Shazam comes across as more faithful adaptation of the comic book Superman than the DCEU Superman.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.