The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Angst? What Angst?:
- Apparently the destruction of Los Angeles doesn't matter if you're the reincarnation of a Korean warrior.
- The FBI agent who had no trouble whatsoever about shooting his partner to save some random girl.
- Cliché Storm: Just watch the beach scene with Ethan and Sarah. They are not conversing so much as spouting random romance cliches at each other before kissing.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome:
- The battle scenes with Buraki's dinosaur-riding army and the modern army.
- The final climactic battle between Buraki and the good Imugi, who transforms into a celestial dragon to unload whoopass.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The old lady bumping into the wall after seeing Buraki's right hand man passing through it.
- Buraki's all-powerful right hand man getting run over by a car. Twice.
- The faces on the three army guys when the dragon comes at them out of the cave.
- When everyone walks down the hallways of that building in a Power Walk and someone comes out of their office already holding a loaded shotgun.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The version of Arirang, the famous Korean folk song, that plays over the end credits.
- Designated Hero: Go on, try to count how many times did the good guys try to actually help people instead of running away while letting them perish.
- So....neutral protagonists? We got a trope for that?
- Idiot Plot: "Don't take the stairs, take the elevator!"
- Just Here for Godzilla: The movie works far better if you go into it for the fights, monsters and explosions - of which there are only 30 minutes.
- Narm: Let's just say the whole movie is this. A few points stand out:
- Whenever a mook in the Atrox Army dies. They make this really squeaky "Oweeooh!" noise as they fall over.
- Buraki's design is so uninspired that he's just a glorified, enlarged CGI king cobra.
- The chant to summon Buraki near the end of the movie.
- Narm Charm: Among kaiju fans. Except those who genuinely liked it as a good movie, anyways...
- All of the dream sequences.
- The big, penultimate battle scene qualifies as such since it doesn′t hold any relevance to the plot whatsoever.
- The movie′s end credits. Without them, the movie runs for 82 minutes. The credits went on and on for 7 minutes.
- Serial Numbers Filed Off: Nope, this movie totally does not rip off The Lord of the Rings in any way, shape, or form.
- So Bad It's Good: This movie is basically Godzilla vs. Megalon if its campiness is replaced with mindless CGI effects and action scenes.
- Squick: "Finally, I found you", saith Jack to young Ethan. The way he says that line, not to mention his facial expression makes him look like a pedophile.
- Special Effects Failure: Despite its otherwise well-done CGI effects, there are places where it looks like a $35 million episode of Power Rangers. Not to mention numerous continuity errors involving said CGI effects.
- Strangled by the Red String: Hell, they might as well be telling the other that they "hate the sand" or "love the water", parallels can certainly be drawn between the two couples.
- Tethercat Principle: The hero, a modern day reporter, is left in the scarred wastelands of a forgotten realm, completely alone, and with no obvious way of getting back to present day Los Angeles.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The biggest difference between this movie and Plan 9 from Outer Space is that it has awesome CGI.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.