The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Cyriak Harris, or simply "cyriak", is an animator from the U.K. who makes videos which are both incredibly beautiful and bizarre.
Tropes to apply to Cyriak, himself:
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Reclusive Artist: In his BBC Southeast Today spot it was stated that he has little time for a social life with all his work being done.
Tropes to apply to Cyriak's works:
- Acid Trip Dimension: "Welcome to Kitty City," featuring larvae cats, giant mash-up cats, mechanical cat-tanks, cat-trains, all of which are ever-mutating.
- Alien Geometries: In "cyriak's animation mix" a cow is walking... Never mind, too hard to explain.
- Anthropomorphic Food: "Festive Greetings from Cyriak" features a parsnip that looks like an obese woman's hips and legs. Worse, it's pumping out parsnip larvae!!!
- Body Horror: Some clips milk it for all its worth.
- Book Ends: "cyriak's animation mix" begins and ends with the same, short, looped-animation sequence.
- Cute Is Evil: "Meow Mix" features cats meowing menacingly in Hell.
- "MEOW" is a gory, ultra-violent video about zombie cats taking over a city.
- Eldritch Abomination: Everything.
- Eldritch Location: Everywhere.
- Everything's Better with Cows: And cows. And cows. Cows all way down. Did I mentioned cows?
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: The creatures in "Something," which look like 1950s people with excess eyes and mouths.
- Faux Symbolism: Wait, might a Jesus cop and Cathedral and a Mosque kicking each others' asses actually mean something? Nah!
- Reality Warper: The little boy in "Boogie Maths" warps reality with his dancing, causing his body to distort and demonic clones of himself to emerge out of his mouth. Eventually, everyone melts.
- Recurring Element:
- Cats, kittens. All of the sort.
- Cows. Don't even get us started on the cows!
- Spiders Are Scary: "Cobwebs."
- Surreal Horror/ Surreal Humor
- Those Two Guys: In "My territory", there are two "blokes" that appear several times that are the artists behind the music: Grand Popo Football Club.
- When Nettles Attack
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.