|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Cypress Hill are a Hip Hop group known for pioneering the fusion of rock and rap, and the amount of lyrics they've produced devoted to promoting the consumption and legalization of marijuana. Also notable for cartoonishly over-the-top depictions of urban deprivation and violence, with no attempt to morally justify the actions in their songs.
- Sen Dog
- DJ Muggs
- Eric Bobo
- 1991: Cypress Hill
- 1993: Black Sunday
- 1995: Cypress Hill III: Temples of Boom
- 1998: Cypress Hill IV
- 2000: Skull & Bones
- 2001: Stoned Raiders
- 2004: Till Death Do Us Part
- 2010: Rise Up
This band contains examples of:
- Gangsta Rap: The Type 3 variety.
Off the top of my head, Boom Biddy Bye Bye, "Down on the floor and you don't ask why//Put a glock to your dome and you start to cry"
- Hip Hop
- Rap Rock: Generally considered to have pioneered this thanks to their crossover with rock fanbases since the beginning of their career; albums like Skull and Bones and Stoned Raiders showcased both Rap Rock and Rap Metal, with instrumentation provided by members of Fear Factory and Rage Against the Machine.
- Refrain From Assuming: "Insane in the Membrane" isn't the song's name. It's "Insane in the Brain".
- It doesn't help that the band themselves used the wrong name during their appearance on The Simpsons.
- Rockstar Song: "Rock Superstar".
- The Stoner: The entire band.