|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The objective of each of the game's levels is to maneuver a piece of candy into the mouth of a cartoon monster, called Om Nom, and also to pick up up to three stars per level by touching them with the candy.
All you have to do is cut the rope to let the candy drop into Om Nom's mouth... at first. Later levels provide bubbles, automatically-appearing rope, sliding rope as well as hazards in the form of spikes, spiders and electrical traps.
Despite sounding similar, this game is completely unrelated to You Have to Burn The Rope, other than the fact that rope is involved.
- A Winner Is You: The ending is pretty much bare bones, showing Om Nom on top of a massive mountain of candy and the words "Thank You For Playing".
- Bandit Mook: The spiders, sort of. They will try to steal the candy once they reach the end of the rope they're on (which is attached to the candy). To prevent them from doing so, cut the rope they're on.
- Big Eater: Om Nom. The A Winner Is You ending shows him on top of a 10-metre high mound of candy.
- Cartoon Creature: What exactly is Om Nom supposed to be (other than a monster)?
- Casual Game
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: You have to cut the rope.
- Excuse Plot: You have a monster, and he's hungry for candy.
- Evil Laugh: The spiders do one when they nab your candy.
- Gotta Catch Em All: The stars. Three of them are in each level, and the path to getting them is less than easy...
- There's also the pictures. You have to click on suspicious parts of the background to find them, and those are very subtle.
- Gravity Screw: Present in the Cosmic Box, and also a few levels in the Magic Box.
- 100% Completion: Getting all the stars.
- Meaningful Name: OmNomnomnomnomnomnom...
- Our Monsters Are Different: And this one's adorable and harmless...
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Om Nom, the little green monster. And if he fails to get his candy, he makes a little aww... sound along with a sad face.
- Shown Their Work: In terms of physics, this game is very accurate- tension, gravity, momentum are all fully and well-implemented.
- Six Legged Spider: Unfortunately, the spiders do fail biology by having only six legs.
- Spikes of Doom: Present in many, many levels. Don't let the candy touch these- it will crack, and Om Nom will be sad.
- Springs Springs Everywhere: The Toy Box introduces bouncy platforms which the cady will bounce off from.
- Teleporters and Transporters: The Magic Box introduces the magician's hats, which act as transporters. The sweet retains its speed if it passes through one, allowing some interesting situations.
- Timed Mission: Several of them, especially those where the stars disappear after a short time.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Candy for Om Nom, and presumably the spiders who try to steal it.