|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Examples of Cut the Fuse include:
- Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin cuts the fuses off of the bombs Katsu throws at him. In another instance, he swings his sword so fast the wind blows out the fuses.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: King Bradley stops Fuu's Taking You with Me by slashing at the fuses strapped to the latter's stomach.
- The Soviet action movie The Crown of the Russian Empire or The Elusives Again had this in the intro. One of the Elusives shoots the fuse to thwart a bomb on the rails before a moving train.
- Reality show Top Shot had one round where the contestants tried to shoot through a bomb's fuse to stop it from going off. It was one of the most difficult challenges on the show.
- In a Terry and the Pirates strip, the Dragon Lady shoots through the fuse of an explosive that has been stuffed in Connie's mouth!
- One of the challenges in the Mad Dog McCree arcade game involved shooting the fuse off some dynamite to save the prospector.
- On the Game Over screen of the original Final Fight, you're tied up with a bomb next to you. Continuing means a knife drops in to cut the fuse.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.