|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Custom Idiots is a series produced by a group of New Jersey high school students for their in-school TV network, but is also uploaded onto Youtube. The first episode can be found here. There have been five episodes aired, and an entire season of about 12 episodes plotted out and mostly scripted.
The series depicts the story of high school student Tony Shapiro, who's normally hopeless with girls but on his first day of senior year learns that he may have a few admirers. Learning this prompts him and his friends Hank Winslowe and Jeff J. Jeffries to remember how during their Freshmen year they discovered the "Key to His (Tony's) Heart", and it is decided that Tony must find out which of the girls is the one. As the series progresses, things get a little more complicated, for both Tony and his friends, with situations involving crazy teachers, creepy waiters, zombies...
Actually, the trailer probably explains it best.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Jeff J. Jeffries.
- Dodgeball Is Hell: Jeff discovers this in the third episode.
- Dueling Shows: The high school where Custom Idiots is aired also has it's official "Studio Sitcom". They've had one episode to Custom Idiot's five.
- Hippie Teacher: Professor Horace from the third episode.
- Meaningful Name: Tony Shapiro is interested in a girl named Maria. I'll wait.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Billy ("Actually, I prefer William) in the third episode.
- Not a Morning Person: Hank, as seen in the first and third episodes.
- Ring Ring CRUNCH: In the first episode. The alarm plays "Here It Goes Again" by OK Go.
- Sadist Teacher: "The Coach" from the third episode, who calls the gym his "Arena".
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Tony does this for his date with Maria, at Jeff's urging.
- Shout-Out: To Community. A lot.
- Significant Anagram: Compare the two show titles under "Dueling Shows"...
- Theme Naming: Each of the three girls is named for a song; Maria, Michelle, and Caroline.
- Whole-Episode Flashback: The second episode flashes back to the characters' Freshmen year, to establish how they found the key.