|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Spacetime is Curvy—From Anaïs' notes for her Physics class
Curvy is a Web Comic by M. Magdelene. It updates weekly on Saturdays. The comic is way too NSFW to link.
Anaïs Phalèse is an Ordinary High School Student, who plays softball and worries about passing her Physics class. One day she meets Fauna Lokjom, Despoina (Princess) of Candy World. Anaïs helps Fauna flee from the bad guys who are chasing her. They flee from reality to reality. They are chased by the minions of Prince Boglox of Stupid World, and by Fervid Wexler, a Federal Agent who believes that Anaïs and Fauna are terrorists.
This comic shows examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms - Fauna uses a little visit down south, to help locate Anaïs in Super World. Yes, she has mystic masturbation location powers.
- Abusive Parents and Arranged Marriage: The Imperator of Candy World (Fauna's father) agreed to marry his daughter to Prince Boglox. In exchange, Boglox will pay the royal gambling debts.
- Accidental Marriage - In marriage ceremonies on Candy World, the bride is wrapped in a plastic bag and the groom unwraps her. Anaïs arrives in the nick of time, breaks up the wedding between Fauna and Prince Boglox, and unwraps Fauna herself. Fauna now believes that she's married to Anaïs.
- Awesome McCoolname: The humans (with the exception of Anaïs' mother Colette and Boglox' teacher Mallory) all have unusual or outright off-the-wall names, including Anaïs' brother Torus, and dumber-than-a-sack-of-hammers special agent Fervid Wexler.
- Badass Normal: On Super World, Anaïs adopts the identity of Slurve, who beats up muggers and other bad guys with her baseball bat.
- Barrier-Busting Blow: After "Dropping some carnal knowledge" with Anais, Mallory jumps downstairs with her, slightly disappointed that Fauna isn't there. Cue Fauna punching through the wall, and into Mallory's face.
- Big Bad: Prince Boglox is Too Dumb to Live, but his evil scheme (marry Fauna, then invade Boring World) launches the plot.
- Big Damn Heroes: Anaïs and fifty mimes arrive just in time to break up the wedding.
- Bizarro Universe - In Fauna's universe, ice cream is a staple, but broccoli is a treat and should be avoided when one is dieting.
- Bond One-Liner: "There's your fucking lunch money!"
- Captain Obvious: A literal one. He's a hero in Super World. It's a bit of a subversion; he has yet to say anything humorously obvious or understated.
- Clothing Damage: About as prevalent as any other method of getting someone naked. Anaïs falls victim to this when Mallory hits her with a nudifier spell.
- Crapsack World: Out of all the ones shown so far, Corporate World is one of the least friendly, with all people basically slaves to the leaders of the world, and absolutely everything must be bought and paid for, including pleasantries like small talk (to say nothing of smootches or sex).
- Culture Clash - Fauna believes that she's married to Anaïs. Anaïs doesn't believe that she's married, and doesn't understand that Fauna has no clue about monogamy or sexual faithfulness. This causes Anaïs to run away from Fauna in Chapter 3.
- Death Seeker: Captain Obvious, due to being basically Immortal.
- Distracted by the Sexy - Fauna and Anaïs use it against Fervid.
- The Dragon: Mallory for Phince Boglox
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Seriously.
- Everyone Is Bi - Practically, anyway.
- Fake-Out Make-Out: Upon seeing the leader of Stupid World, and Acuto on the streets of Corporate World, Anias promptly grabs her new roommate Katey Anne, and plants one on her. Katey Anne...doesn't seem to have much of an issue with it.
- Hypocritical Humor - Fauna has no problem hooking up with whoever catches her fancy, even inviting a jealous Anaïs into the action, but gets just a little grouchy after finding out about Anaïs and Jonathan.
- Important Haircut - Anaïs cuts her hair shortly after she becomes disillusioned with Fauna.
- Inspector Javert - Fervid Wexler, The Men in Black who has convinced himself that Anaïs and Fauna are terrorists out to get the United States and keeps pursuing them, confusing the alternate worlds for Middle Eastern countries.
- Intimate Healing - Fauna's brand of magical healing often involves smootching.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All - Stupid World is apparently an entire world of this. Its inhabitants insist that it's really called "Smart World."
- Magical Girlfriend: Fauna
- The Men in Black - Fervid Wexler
- Multiverse - Each reality has its defining characteristic (or gimmick, as Fauna refers to it): Candy World, Stupid World, Water World, Mosquito World (Now with more poison ivy!). Anaïs is upset to learn that her reality, which has no particular defining characteristic, is known to the rest of reality as Boring World.
- Naked on Arrival - Anaïs, upon entering Corporate World in Chapter 4; she apparently forgot she was nude at the time she grabbed the transfer device and winds up in a human resources department surrounded by people.
- Naked People Are Funny
- Ordinary High School Student - Anaïs
- Planet of Hats - Anaïs insists you can't sum up a whole world in one word, but apparently you can.
- The chapters are divided among which Hat Planet Anaïs is on. So far, Boring World, Candy World, Ocean World, Corporate World, and Super World.
- Pirate Girl - Bloodybelly “Bell” Comb Jelly.
- Political Stereotype - The Candy World word for politician is actually "liar". Hence the line, "I must speak to your nation's liars".
- Porn with Plot - And humor. Virtually every scene involves at least a little nudity or sex.
- Pretty Freeloader: Katey-Anne, after leaving Corporate World. Anais gets fed up with her, and kicks her out.
- Runaway Bride: Fauna really doesn't want to marry Prince Boglox.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians - and how! (Although Anaïs seems to be bisexual -- she did hook up with mer-transman Jonathan and her
softball cardcast listing describes her as a switch-hitter. Fauna, on the other hand, has shown no interest in any males so far.)
- Anaïs was really enjoying watching the two male prison guards get it on, until she remembered that she wanted to escape. Not to mention the roomful of gay porn actors.
- Ship Sinking - The fun and games between Anaïs and Fauna have taken a decided turn for the worse after it became clear to Anaïs that Fauna thought of her as little more than a plaything and didn't seem to have a concept of monogamy.
- Anaïs' promising proto-relationships with Jonathan and Katey-Anne also hit the rocks surprisingly fast. Fauna, for what it's worth, is trying to catch up to Anaïs and find her again.
- Time Skip: An unspecified amount of time passes after Anais and Katey-Anne enter Super World. Long enough for Anais to grow her old haircut back.
- The Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer - Anaïs has a habit of adapting rapidly to whatever weirdness she encounters in the worlds she winds up in and taking charge when necessary. Sanity Has Advantages and she's pretty much the Only Sane Man.
- Walking the Earth: More like Walking the Earths.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: The heroes of Super World are Immortal, due to selling the right to their lives to Corporate World, in exchange for a planet saving laser. They effectively are living comic book characters, dying, and never staying dead. And they don't like it.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Anaïs. Frequently.