|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Curse Of Enchantia is a classic point-and-click comedy Adventure Game from Core Design, better known as creators of Tomb Raider. Now the game is probably best remembered for its often strange design ideas and nonsensical puzzles.
The story Another Dimension of the Magical Land of Enchantia, literally described as "A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away", where an evil witch wants to be young and beautiful for all eternity, but the problem was a main ingredient in it was a male child from another world. The witch succeeded in creating a portal between Enchantia and Earth. Looking through it, she then spotted the young and helpless Brad, the player's character who just happened to come to play Baseball with his sister. Excited, the witch cast the summoning spell and magically snatched him to Enchantia.
- Anachronism Stew: Lots of very modern things in the otherwise Fantasy world (coming from our universe too?), especially in the garbage dump stage. Enables magic-versus-science during the final showdown, such as having a ghost defeated with a vacuum cleaner, proving once and for all that Black Magic sucks.
- Buried Alive: And at one point gets accidentally magically transported by a sympathic sorcerer into a coffin in an old grave.
- For the Evulz: Enchantia is described as being ruled by the baddest and meanest wicked witches the world or indeed an "universe has ever known" and "commiting the most terrible deeds for no reason".
- God Save Us From the Queen: Their particular evil queen is the baddie of the game, and of Evil Is Sexy kind that has Hellish Pupils (glowing when casting a spell), long nails and a Badass Cape.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: During the Final Battle, the evil witch gets hit by her own spell deflected by an fan, and then also finished-off with her own magic ring.
- Ice Queen: Quite literally, as the game features also a very Ice Queen-like witch living in an Ice Palace. And has an Ejection Seat in her throne for whatever reasons.
- Malevolent Architecture: The high witch's castle, complete with a gargoyles, portrait painting peepholes, Surprise Slide Staircase and a Bookcase Passage to the queen's chamber.
- No Body Left Behind: Makes sense with the demise of the witch, but not really with the case of of a bandit stabbed with his own sword earlier in the game. Both of them were also finished when then they were down, which is apparently still heroic.
- Saving the World: By helping to sort out Enchantia's witch infestation problem.