|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The original Cup of Destiny was made for the 24/one challenge during the 2011 Edmonton International Film Festival. Sadly it didn't make the top ten, however those involved had such fun making it, that they decided to make a sequel. Cup of Destiny 2 had an actual budget, though still non existant by most standards, and was filmed over 10 weekends as opposed to Cup of Destiny which was made in 24 hours.
Cup of Destiny is the story of a young man named Charles Phillips, and his efforts to become famous. While wallowing in obscurity he is aproached by a talking dog who tells him of the titular cup. Charles is then faced with a series of challenges to get it.
Cup of Destiny 2:Ready to Roll has Charles recruited once again by Shadow. This time to save the world from colapse due to the overnight disapearence of a precious resource.
Cup of Destiny contains examples of:
- Ad Lib: a third of the lines
- An Aesop: It's about the journey and how you grew as a person. or not
- Artifact Title: Cup of Destiny 2 has nothing to do with the cup, although it is present, and mentioned quite a bit.
- As Himself: Charles and Shadow
- Butt Monkey: Elmer can't catch a break
- Go Mad From the Revelation: Internet Girl really can't handle the idea of a talking dog
- Jerkass: Charles keeps reminding Voltrix of his death, and shows no regret about killing him
- Kick the Dog: Literally
- MacGuffin: The Cup in the first, the roll in the second.
- No Name Given: Internet Girl, Elmer Matrix, and the groupies never have their names mentioned in either film.
- Talking to Himself: Charles provided the voice for Shadow as well.
- Trailers Always Spoil: The trailer for 2 shows Voltrix alive, and shows Charles and Voltrix fighting Shadow
- Would Hit a Girl: Voltrix Subverted in that the Snow Queen was really a man