The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Examples of Cuddle Bug include:
Anime & Manga
- The girls of the K-On!' Club are very affectionate. Yui in particular really likes hugging people. Her usual recipient is Azusa, who's often embarrassed when they're in public.
- Mahoraba: Korosaki Sayoko likes to hug her daughter Asami.
- Bamboo Blade: Tama-Chan radiates Cuteness Proximity that has converted a number of people into Cuddle Bugs.
- Lucky Star. Soujirou is this way toward his daughter and younger niece: Konata partly because she greatly resembles his beloved late wife, and Yutaka because... well... she's so cute! One time, Yutaka's adult sister Yui (jokingly?) warned him about hugging Yutaka any more than he had to....
- Nessa from Fractale, to contrast with the introverted, misanthropic society she finds herself in, where all contact is carried out through hard-light constructs.
- Momiji from Fruits Basket loves hugging people, especiall Tohru, even though it means he'll transform.
- Hikaru from Kimagure Orange Road, particularly towards her "Darling ~".
- Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club is this toward Haruhi... and occasionally his other friends.
- Dio from Last Exile likes hugging, glomping, and generally hanging on people, with his favorite targets being his best friend Lucciola and Claus.
- Shader in Chrono Crusade is very affectionate.
- Mikoto from Gate 7 is a Cuddle Bug towards Hidetsugu.
Films -- Live-Action
- Star Wars: Chewbacca often gives a bear hug whenever he's showing the love when a pat on the back would suffice.
- Sgt. Stan Wojciehowicz on Barney Miller is a great hugger, especially in times of strong emotion.
- Abby Sciuto of NCIS loves to hug her teammates with little to no provocation.
- Chubby Huggs from Get Fuzzy.
- Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia (at least in the first game) gets like this around Compa, usually when she's sleepy.
- Blinky from the Insecticomics, a literal Cuddle Bug (his altmode is a pillbug).
- Ellen in El Goonish Shive. Grace even more so, but less outstanding, since it was said to be typical for a greater chimera due to innate empathic ability.
- She's like a sleepy little ninja!
- Ex-fairies in Gunnerkrigg Court are a bit weird, usually in a funny way. When Annie switched to ether view in their company, the whole class started to applaud and welcome her, and then she became the center of an etheric cuddle pile. And enjoyed instant Cuteness Overload, unlike meeting people with No Sense of Personal Space in the thick material world.
- Mab from Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures loves to hug everyone and everything. She keeps a list of things she hasn't hugged yet to make sure she doesn't miss one.
- Elmyra takes this to lethal levels for the rest of the Tiny Toon Adventures cast.
- Eduardo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends takes this to extraordinary heights.
- Shifty Dingo from The Adventures Of Blinky Bill gets rather cuddly with Daisy when she tells him she's willing to give him dance lessons (he's a very bad dancer).
- Lambie from Doc McStuffins
- Tuck on Wonder Pets, who often calls for a group hug.
- Not limited to humans. Many other animal species are known to cuddle, hold, nuzzle or hug each other.
- For many mammals this usually has more practical applications as opposed to being expressions of affection; baby mammals will often cuddle either with their siblings or their parents to keep warm.
- Many monogamous birds species like seabirds and parrots are known to nuzzle and preen each other in ways that look very affectionate.
- Many domesticated animals get this way towards their owners. Cats and dogs are especially well known for this.
- Chickens, especially hens. They can often get cuddly when around people they know particularly well, usually when they get broody and want to keep their human friend warm.
- While it's mostly for warmth, reptiles (especially snakes) enjoy being in close contact with human friends.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.