|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Describe Crowbar here.
Crowbar is fat music for fat people.
What, you want more? Fine. Crowbar is an American metal band from New Orleans, Louisiana, one of the key bands of the Sludge Metal subgenre. Formed in 1988 as the punk band Shell Shock, the band changed its name several times, to Aftershock, WREQUIEM, The Slugs and eventually Crowbar, along the way developing their signature style that fused Hardcore Punk and Doom Metal.
Their songs are extremely slow, low-keyed, heavy and brooding, though they also contain fast hardcore-esque passages.
- Kirk Windstein - vocals and guitar (1989–present)
- Matthew Brunson - guitar (2009-present)
- Patrick Bruders - bass (2005–present)
- Tommy Buckley - drums (2005–present)
- Mike Savoie - bass (1989)
- Todd "Sexy T" Strange - bass (1989–2000)
- Wayne "Doobie" Fabra - drums (1991)
- Mitchel Leonard - guitar (1991)
- Craig Nunenmacher - drums (1991–1995, 2000, 2004 - 2005)
- Kevin Noonan - guitar (1989–1990, 1991-1993)
- Matt Thomas - guitar (1993–1997)
- Steve Gibb (son of Barry Gibb) - guitars and backing vocals (2004–2009)
- Jimmy Bower - drums (1989-1990, 1996–1998)
- Sammy Duet - guitar (1998–2002)
- Sid Montz - drums (2000)
- Tony Costanza - drums (2001)
- Rex Brown - bass guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard (2004-2005)
- Obedience Thru Suffering (sic) (1991)
- Crowbar (1993)
- Time Heals Nothing (1995)
- Broken Glass (1996)
- Odd Fellows Rest (1998)
- Equilibrium (2000)
- Sonic Excess in its Purest Form (2001)
- Lifesblood for the Downtrodden (2005)
Tropes displayed by Crowbar:
- Doom Metal
- Face of the Band - Kirk Windstein.
- Grief Song - Frequently.
- Metal Scream - Type 3, though technically speaking it's more shouting.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness - 9.
- Rated "M" for Manly
- Self-Titled Album
- Sludge Metal
- Title-Only Chorus - "All I Had (I Gave)".
- Trope Codifier - They were the pioneers of sludge metal, alongside Acid Bath, Eyehategod and Buzzov*en.