|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"THOSE BASTARDS. THEY'LL PAY. THEY'LL FREAKING PAY. DAMN IT DAMN IT GODDAMN IT. It's corrupt. EVERYTHING'S CORRUPT! THIS SCHOOL! THIS SOCIETY! THIS NATION! THIS PLANET! Everything needs to burn! I'M BURNING IT ALL DOWN! BURNING IT ALL DOWN! MURDER DEATH KILL! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'll tear this filthy world apart...with my own two hands! NO ONE WILL ESCAPE JUDGEMENT!"—Bakumi Moriyama, getting a little upset.
Your name is Bakumi Moriyama, and you're having a very bad day. You just did your very best at a test, without having to cheat or anything, but in the last 3 minutes you realize that you accidentally put all the answers in the wrong spaces, and it's too late to go back and fix it. So obviously there's nothing left to do but snap horribly and go on a rage-fueled rampage through the school, annihilating delinquents, crocodiles and evil demonic busts, all while your rage grows stronger and stronger until it destroys the Earth itself.
Crimsoness is a very short, but hilarious Freeware Visual Novel, in which you try to destroy as much as possible before the 3 minutes are up, building up your Rage Meter and trying to find ways to increase your limit so you can take on more powerful foes. The art style is very simple and MS Paint-ish, but effective.
Download the game here.
Crimsoness provides examples of:
- Anthropomorphic Personification: According to Iteko, Bakumi is the physical embodiment of rage.
- Anticlimax Boss: Iteko is the only character you can beat at 0 Rage. And if you've destroyed the time limit, you don't even need to lay a finger on him to beat him.
- Attempted Rape: Shibasaki tries to rape Bakumi on the school roof. Too bad he had to pick the avatar of rage to try this on.
- Author Tract: Not by the actual author, but one (possibly both) of the English translators used a mock analysis of the game to proclaim his disdain for (straw) feminism.
- Bittersweet Ending: Bakumi dies in her attempt to split the Earth, but at least she gets to take everyone else with her. (And she doesn't just die from being in vacuum; her exploding rage smears her over eighty light-years of space.)
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Literally. If you've maxed out your rage meter you can destroy the time limit.
- Crapsack World: According to Bakumi, at least. Of course, this means it's perfectly okay to destroy it with your bare hands.
- Cute and Psycho: Bakumi.
- Cute Bruiser: Bakumi
- Dissonant Serenity: "La la la split the earth..."
- Doing It for the Art: The English translators put a lot of work into making sure the translated game retained the look and feel of the original.
- Earthshattering Kaboom: Bakumi splits the Earth with nothing but her bare fists and the power of her rage.
- Foreshadowing: Somewhere in Iteko's massive speech, he predicts that Bakumi will destroy the Earth, killing herself in the process.
- Giant Space Flea From Nowhere: The crocodile and demonic bust.
- Gonk: The teacher.
- The Hero Dies
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: If you build up your rage meter too high before taking on the demonic bust, it'll turn your rage against you.
- Kill'Em All
- Megaton Punch: Bakumi's weapon of choice.
- Motor Mouth: Iteko will not shut the hell up.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Serial Escalation: The whole game is built on topping itself in sheer ludicrousness.
- Shout-Out: When you die or run out of time, a button appears that reads "Genuflect."
- Soundtrack Dissonance: For a game about a pissed-off schoolgirl destroying everything in sight, the music is surprisingly upbeat.
- Talking the Monster to Death: Iteko tries to beat you by talking endlessly until the time limit runs out. Of course, you can punch him in and face and shut him up any time you want. And if Bakumi has destroyed time itself, he will ultimately go into a This Cannot Be! breakdown and die of a heart attack.
- Timed Mission: You only have 3 minutes to complete the game. Unless you max out your rage meter, at which point you can actually smash the hourglass itself and erase the time limit.
- Title Drop: At some point in his long, rambling speech, Iteko dubs Bakumi the Crimsoness.
- Tranquil Fury: By the time she gets around to splitting the Earth, Bakumi seems strangely composed.
- Unstoppable Rage
- Widget Series
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds