|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Crimson Empire ~Circumstances to serve a noble~ is the newest game from Quinrose set in the same universe as Arabians Lost, proved to be popular enough to warrant a fan disk and a short manga not to mention several ports, drama CD's and some novelized books with side stories.
Sheila Rozann as a kid, was sold by her family as a slave. She met a demon while she was at the slaver's place who told her that she would be successful and ofered her a Faustian Bargain. She was later bought by an assassins guild and was trained to be an assassin. But after a little fight with the guild master, a legendary assassin, she was sold again. Now, to be a bodyguard for the nobilities.
Sheila now the head maid under the service of the second prince Edvard Winfree, would do anything to assist him to the throne.
The first game provides examples of:
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Sheila & Justin, Sheila & Marshall also Sheila & Varchia.
- Badass Adorable: Lilley.
- Badass Longcoat: Justin loves these.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Justin has this with Sheila in his route until he cannot bear it anymore.
- Berserk Button: Don't dare to joke about hurting Edvard in front of Sheila... also it would be in your best interest not to mention magic at all.
- Bishonen: well it is an otome game.
- Bishie Sparkle: Edvard carries it around also his and Justin's ready to fight CG's have them.
- Body Horror: When Varchia was an slave, they cutted her feet so she didn't run away!!
- Canon Immigrant: Curtis Nile, Sheika, Meissen & Michael , all from Arabians Lost.
- Cool Big Sis: Lilley sees Sheila as this.
- Dances and Balls: Well is the nobility, what were you expecting?
- Dark and Troubled Past: Sheila's past counts, also Edvard's and to some degree Justin's.
- First Guy Wins: No matter what, in the end Sheila's soul will belong to Michael.
- Genre Savvy / Wrong Genre Savvy: Justin gets this a lot in his route, he always imagines things that are common for these games(so he is right on the genre) however Quinrose heroines are different from others, so his guesses tend to be wrong.
- The Glomp: Lilley will stop everything she is doing to jump on Sheila.
- Gory Discretion Shot: While mostly subverted The Reveal that Sheila was the one to kill Edvard's mother shows a CG slightly covered in black
- Graceful Loser: Justin.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Justin starts as this, Edvard however is this towards Justin ALL THE TIME.
- Les Yay: In Bryon's route Lilley takes her admiration to dangerous levels.
- Limited Wardrobe: Wich makes no sense considering most of the cast are nobles.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Bryon, Rambures and Ronalus (who even says that is a secret how he keeps it so pretty).
- Megane: Edvard's disguise has this, also Justin tries it to get rid of Sheila... it didn't work.
- Multiple Endings: You can get multiple endings depending on the support and affection raised, also Michael & Justin both have bad ends apart of the good ones.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Medusa also, In-Universe Curtis Nile.
- Nice Hat: Bryon has one that looks like a pirate hat, he likes it very much.
- Nonstandard Game Over: If you don't participate in the duels before turn 50 Sheila will be visited by Curtis... well it's pretty obvious she didn't live to tell the tale, also not atending the duels from turn 50 onwards get you a visit by Medusa instead with the same results.
- Random Encounters: Part of the RPG elements of the game.
- Sexy Discretion Shot: In pretty much all routes but is particulary more obvious in Marshall's.
- Shout-Out: Several to Arabians Lost and Wizard & Master.
- Single-Stroke Battle: Justin is so strong he solves like this most of his battles.
- Smug Snake: Edvard even if he is not a bad guy.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Caused for how the voiced character pronounce certain names, we get things like Harukia and Oranus intead of Varchia and Haurane.
- Stepford Smiler: Edvard, well it comes with the job if Sheila is right.
- Stock Footage: Several CG's have minimal changes, or none in diferent scenes.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Justin starts out as this, most of the time however is Marshall's duty.
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo: Varchia.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Justin full stop.
- The Tease: Sheila.
- Together in Death: Apart for the obvious mentioned in first guy wins, several bad endings have Sheila doing this for Edvard.
- Tsundere: In Meissen's head Sheila is A-type towards him.
- The Worf Effect: To show off how strong Ronalus is we get to see how Sheila & Marshall get really badly defeated by him.
- Yandere: Edvard has this in shades, arguably so does Justin.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Sheila's maid uniform and civilian clothes sport A type.