The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ah, the creepypasta. One of the few art forms which, it can be said, is devoted entirely to Nightmare Fuel. However, a select few manage to stand out as even more terrifying than the rest...
- A whole wiki on creepypasta. Have fun!
- Creepy Pasta in general, but specifically this one. Writing a scary story centering around a computer with the intention of posting it on the internet is the horror equivalent of throwing bull's-eyes by standing an inch away from the dart board.
- Pick a Creepypasta. Any Creepypasta. Proof positive that an amateur is far more dangerous than a professional.
- On a couple corners of the internet, people from wooded areas on the east coast of the U.S. (such as Virginia and West Virginia) are reporting seeing the phrases "OKEE" and "33>10" graffiti'd on various walls and such. It all seemed rather harmless until someone on 4chan's /x/ (Paranormal) board mentioned a story about the "avatar of the dead god Okee" digging up corpses in West Virginia.
- Try reading the entirety of this and see if you can ever sleep again.
- "Genetic Memory" in particular is terrifying.
- Oh God THE ILLUSTRATIONS FROM SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE ANIMATED.
- Animated GIF: a screenshot of some creepypasta. With a surprise. It stays a still image for a while. Then, a big scary face zooms at the screen.
- This troper once read a retconned "Holder of Sacrifice" story. Imagine seeing everyone you know screaming and in torture, as well as killing the Holder, who after you kill turns out to be a loved one, then waking up in a graveyard, "exactly six feet over" him or her.
- Candle Cove. Yes, that Candle Cove. Short, disturbingly realistic, and utterly creepy.
- Dogscape. Holy hell, Dogscape...
- Two words: Suicide. Mouse. Watching the video after reading the Creepypasta attached to makes it 10 times more scary.
- A fairly recent creepypasta where scientists try and communicate with god. By depriving an old man of all his senses. He can't even feel pain, to the point where he tries to claw out his useless eyes just to feel something. Even worse is the very end "I have spoken with God, and He has abandoned us".
- NES Godzilla Creepypasta: The entire thing, from start to finish, as it escalates from unusual, to unsettling, to frightening, to downright malevolent. Every level manages to be HONF in its own distinct way, but special mention goes to Hellbeast.
- The most terrifying ones are the ones that are written in the style of scientific documentation (like Russian Sleep Experiment or SCP Foundation), because they're just so realistic. The fact that the comments section is usually filled with people asking "omg is this real???" takes a bit of a layer off the horror, though.
- The Keyhole. It's about a guy who stays at a hotel for the night, but is warned to avoid a specific room because of a murder that occurred there. However, his curiosity gets the best of him, and he peeks through the room's keyhole to find a woman with completely white skin leaning against a doorframe, but looking away from him. He looks through the keyhole again the next day, but this time all he can see is nothing but red. When he asks the receptionist about the room, he's told that the people who were killed in the room were strange, with white skin and completely red eyes.
- Dead Bart. That is all.
- And just when you think it can't get any worse, according to certain branches of Chaos Magic, every single Creepypasta, Sealed Evil in a Can and Eldritch Abomination is just there out of the corner of our eyes... Sweet Dreams.
- Red Mist.
- *** IT'S REAL!
- Blueberries, while not the most frightening creepypasta I've read, is the only one to ever make me cry simply because of how horrified I was for the narrator. He's convicted of a crime he didn't commit, and is not allowed to leave his cell until he eats an entire oak desk. His sledgehammer is taken away after his initial round of smashing, and most of the pieces left over are too big to swallow. And then he sees that the top of the desk only broke in half.
- Available in illustrated form here (second story).
- Squidward's Suicide
- This troper had a panic attack over that story. *shudder*
- "I know you're awake."
- Hypno's Lullaby The pokemon always creeped this troper out....
- The creepiest thing about some of them, like Dead Bart and Squidward's Suicide, is that the actual episodes mentioned sound like somebody actually had a nightmare about The Simpsons and SpongeBob SquarePants, and are now just telling you what happened in it.
- The creepiest thing about Russian Sleep Experiment is the fact that it shows you what could happen if you were deprived of sleep. What side effects are there of reading too much creepypasta? Yeah. Sweet dreams.
- The Pill is probably the best Cosmic Horror Story on the wiki.
- Probably the creepiest thing in Happy Appy is when an episode of the titular show depicts the events of 9/11 two years before the attacks take place. Then when part of the plane lands on and pins a child to the ground, Happy and the other children stand over him as he's screaming in pain. The other children ask Happy (who's thing is healing children but actually killing them just because by the way) if they can help the boy, Happy just coldly states "That's natural, children." and leaves the boy to die.
- For this troper, Vile Designs was the creepiest.
- While Jeff the Killer isn't particularly scary himself, his face makes for an excellent shock image that is very hard to get out of your head.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.